Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

This old thing again today

View attachment 331746

Awesome jacket & everything but I wanted to say, you look very authentic here. Genuine. Turned B&W, I would've been convinced this photo was taken in the 50's. I can't explain it but this is the vibe I love the most about old photos and one that's entirely elusive to me.

Harro is perfect! Could do with a bit more cm in the sleeves but man, what a jacket that is. I'm always surprised how beautifully designed & executed it is. I'm glad you like it!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Awesome jacket & everything but I wanted to say, you look very authentic here. Genuine. Turned B&W, I would've been convinced this photo was taken in the 50's. I can't explain it but this is the vibe I love the most about old photos and one that's entirely elusive to me.

Harro is perfect! Could do with a bit more cm in the sleeves but man, what a jacket that is. I'm always surprised how beautifully designed & executed it is. I'm glad you like it!

Wow, thanks! It’s funny though, both these jackets I would probably never have bought without your recommendations and they both turned out great!
I mean, the Harro, you weren’t even exaggerating about the quality. What you get with Harro is a seriously awesome jacket, and for next to nothing. But I’m telling you all, if this one was priced 10-20 times higher, it would still be worth that price. But on the other hand if it was, I would probably be more bothered by the short sleeves. Ehh, I’ll just call it a rockstar fit and be happy with that. I love the design as well, it’s got a sort of futuristic spaceship pilot vive going on that I really like.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Aero HB but I think it's too long in the front. Doubtful it will crease up / shorten enough. Ideally 1" less in front. What do you guys think???

2A420F2E-565E-4907-85FE-6F462E8B412D.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Aero HB but I think it's too long in the front. Doubtful it will crease up / shorten enough. Ideally 1" less in front. What do you guys think???

View attachment 331987
Looks nice and trim in the body and yes maybe just a little bit on the long side. I think it's a look in itself and will work well especially if you don't tuck your shirt. How does the back look?

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 331987
Outside of our "perfect leather jacket microsphere" most people would probably call it as a perfect fit. For me personally it would be OK as I do have also short (perfect fit) and a bit too long half belts. For me personally it looks good even if other members are right if you are looking for a historically right fit :)

jpk_NJ

One Too Many

View attachment 331987

Appreciate the feedback guys. The tricky part is that it looks great untucked/unzipped, and the back length is perfect. I've never owned a drop front hem where the front is longer than the back, so maybe that's throwing me off? It's also not fully broken in/molded to me. I really like everything else about it which is why Im hesitant to let it go. Kind of becoming a jacket hoarder!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One more attempt, I think ideally I’d want the lower front panel about half of what it is now. But for $525, is it worth keeping?? Definitely wouldn’t keep if $1k new.
View attachment 332169
for my taste the jacket is at least one size too big and clearly too long. for the price I wouldn’t keep it. actually for no price.
but i am not a standard because i prefer tight. and tastes are different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner