Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
And here are a couple of my new Thedi bought from @Marc mndt last week.
Some things i like, the leather is great, the pattern is very good, stitching is very neat.
Some things i am not a fan of, the fact that the sleeves are single stitched to the armholes looks fragile and cheap to me.
I also hate his branding, i counted 5 different "Thedi" labels and two big T logos spread out over the entire jacket, IMO it looks trashy...
I would expect that from brands like G-Star, Diesel, etc, but i think it looks cheap on something the caliber of a Thedi.
To me a single tag is much classier, i dislike overly branded items.
I don't see myself getting another Thedi, but i am glad to finally have a jacket made by Zeus himself, it is my favourite of his designs and i htink it fits me pretty well.

IKnuNZN.jpg

URZrPZv.jpg

kwPMxTq.jpg

And an OG Cal i own that was clearly the inspiration for that Thedi:

3BeLT3D.jpg

lo3UGuk.jpg

Just wanted to post an update of my new LW Appalachian, been wearing it for a week and am a big fan of it.
The giant pocket is great, you can stick a sandwich in there, a rolled up map, it fits a bottle of wine no problem, it is possibly the most versatile pocket i have experienced on a jacket, it's better than a D pocket (I can't believe i just wrote that!)
The jacket is 4kg/8.8lb, my heaviest LW yet. The grain is great, the pattern is great, nothing bad to say about it...

lqH7mfq.jpg

uinZoD0.jpg

Z7n4DSo.jpg

5741Si7.jpg

This fits you fantastically!!! The way it looks on you reminds me a lot of that heavy fashion jacket that I posted about a month ago, but it's got just that cool mc jacket vibe that's not easily achieved even with proper mc jackets. Looks casual, cool, carefree and most of all, badass. The jacket it has it all. I want this one!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Just wanted to post an update of my new LW Appalachian, been wearing it for a week and am a big fan of it.
The giant pocket is great, you can stick a sandwich in there, a rolled up map, it fits a bottle of wine no problem, it is possibly the most versatile pocket i have experienced on a jacket, it's better than a D pocket (I can't believe i just wrote that!)
The jacket is 4kg/8.8lb, my heaviest LW yet. The grain is great, the pattern is great, nothing bad to say about it...

lqH7mfq.jpg

uinZoD0.jpg

Z7n4DSo.jpg

5741Si7.jpg
I'm not a huge fan of LW (although I can't really judge because I've never handled one) mainly because of the bulky fit (wide upper sleeves) and the dull pigment dyed leathers. But I have to say, this one looks great. Is this a different / updated pattern?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I'm not a huge fan of LW (although I can't really judge because I've never handled one) mainly because of the bulky fit (wide upper sleeves) and the dull pigment dyed leathers. But I have to say, this one looks great. Is this a different / updated pattern?

Apparently they didn't have an in house pattern that was close enough to be modified into an Appalachian.
Stu said they created this one from scratch. (Fausto the machinist is a trained pattern maker)
All i asked was to use the J-23 42L as a base for sizing, everything else was left to Stuart and Fausto.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
And here are a couple of my new Thedi bought from @Marc mndt last week.
Some things i like, the leather is great, the pattern is very good, stitching is very neat.
Some things i am not a fan of, the fact that the sleeves are single stitched to the armholes looks fragile and cheap to me.
I also hate his branding, i counted 5 different "Thedi" labels and two big T logos spread out over the entire jacket, IMO it looks trashy...
I would expect that from brands like G-Star, Diesel, etc, but i think it looks cheap on something the caliber of a Thedi.
To me a single tag is much classier, i dislike overly branded items.
I don't see myself getting another Thedi, but i am glad to finally have a jacket made by Zeus himself, it is my favourite of his designs and i htink it fits me pretty well.

IKnuNZN.jpg

URZrPZv.jpg

kwPMxTq.jpg

And an OG Cal i own that was clearly the inspiration for that Thedi:

3BeLT3D.jpg

lo3UGuk.jpg
I knew this one would be a perfect fit for you. Congrats on finally owning a Thedi :)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Addict AD-02 on a very beautiful day.

If Lewis Leathers could bring themselves to use more attractive (or at the very least more consistent) horsehide, nobody would need to turn to Addict instead of buying a "real" Lightning (except if your based in Japan and want/need to avoid LL prohibitive pricing in Yen).
Alas, LL don´t, so I did...

AD02.jpg

Pandemic

One Too Many

If Lewis Leathers could bring themselves to use more attractive (or at the very least more consistent) horsehide, nobody would need to turn to Addict instead of buying a "real" Lightning (except if your based in Japan and want/need to avoid LL prohibitive pricing in Yen).

View attachment 347658

Wow!!!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Haha, thanks!! The leather is very nice, and the value for money seems a bit better than with some other japanese makers.

Still: The pattern of the LL Lightning is a bit better, IMO, and I prefer LL´s hardware. Funnily enough, with the AD-01 (twin of the LL Corsair) it´s the other way round. I find Addict´s pattern much better for my physique.

Pandemic

One Too Many
Haha, thanks!! The leather is very nice, and the value for money seems a bit better than with some other japanese makers.

Still: The pattern of the LL Lightning is a bit better, IMO, and I prefer LL´s hardware. Funnily enough, with the AD-01 (twin of the LL Corsair) it´s the other way round. I find Addict´s pattern much better for my physique.

It looks fantastic on you. I’m still kicking around ideas for my next jacket, but one that I keep coming back to is having Johnson Leathers make me a LL L402 in a midweight horse or steer.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Just for info LL already have a very nice vintage cow, and they told me that they also sourced veg tan HH, won't have the time to go see for a while unfortunately

Yes, the vintage cow just might be the best of both worlds. I’ve only seen it on their display jacket in the London store though, and it’s obviously only available on MTO jackets, so I didn’t take the plunge (yet?).

Veg-tan horse sounds interesting too. Actually, the leather on my Lightning isn’t that bad at all, but it’s pretty much hit or miss. The latest batch I have seen was very spongy and vinyl-like.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

lqH7mfq.jpg

uinZoD0.jpg

Z7n4DSo.jpg

5741Si7.jpg

BEST LW jacket to date.

View attachment 347658

That’s a really good fit. And without the LL oval branding tag. I get the appeal of Addict Clothing now.

Just for info LL already have a very nice vintage cow, and they told me that they also sourced veg tan HH, won't have the time to go see for a while unfortunately

Cant wait to see that!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, the vintage cow just might be the best of both worlds. I’ve only seen it on their display jacket in the London store though, and it’s obviously only available on MTO jackets, so I didn’t take the plunge (yet?).

Veg-tan horse sounds interesting too. Actually, the leather on my Lightning isn’t that bad at all, but it’s pretty much hit or miss. The latest batch I have seen was very spongy and vinyl-like.

The veg tan cow s really nice, if the horse is anywhere as good... :)

BEST LW jacket to date.

That’s a really good fit. And without the LL oval branding tag. I get the appeal of Addict Clothing now.

Cant wait to see that!

I am planning to order a Universal Racer Mk1 (hesitated a long time between Mk1 and 2), and had decided on veg cow, until they told me they are sourcing veg horse. So need to check samples and decide :)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
It looks fantastic on you. I’m still kicking around ideas for my next jacket, but one that I keep coming back to is having Johnson Leathers make me a LL L402 in a midweight horse or steer.

Thanks for saying that. I love looking at x-zips, but personally I never feel 100% comfortable in them.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The veg tan cow s really nice, if the horse is anywhere as good... :)

I am planning to order a Universal Racer Mk1 (hesitated a long time between Mk1 and 2), and had decided on veg cow, until they told me they are sourcing veg horse. So need to check samples and decide :)
I have the Mk1 and have plans to get the Mk2 1930s version sometimes down the road. You cant go wrong with either. The Mk1 is really different from all other cross zips. It kinda has a pouch effect at the stomach due to the huge overlap lapels, yet it doesn't choke you at the neck when you are in motoring position and jacket is fully closed. I am wearing mine on my sofa fully closed while typing this. Haha...

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have the Mk1 and have plans to get the Mk2 1930s version sometimes down the road. You cant go wrong with either. The Mk1 is really different from all other cross zips. It kinda has a pouch effect at the stomach due to the huge overlap lapels, yet it doesn't choke you at the neck when you are in motoring position and jacket is fully closed. I am wearing mine on my sofa fully closed while typing this. Haha...

Thanks! :D

They are both very cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner