Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Screenshot_20210813-075903_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210813-075851_Gallery.jpg

So I patched my denim jackets, to make them look "hip" like mall jackets.
Screenshot_20210813-082029_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210813-081939_Gallery.jpg

Look a lot more "edgy and hip" just like mall jackets now, i think they look fun, lol.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I’ve bought a few patches recently to put on some jackets I feel look plain. Most are Snoopy, but I also have a couple of vintage California public works ones I like.
i m extremely bad at fading denim and covid makes it even harder, while I do riding now, but I ride before sunrise and go home when sun starts to sting on the skin. So patches give instant character and personalization. even without sick fadez. I also like thinner sewn on patches as they become one with the clothes and wrinkle more naturally than ones with stiffer backing either iron on or velcro.

Those stiff patch especially velcro, to my eyes look like dried scabs, i want to peel them off.:D

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

d z

New in Town
Cool jacket and a perfect fit! If that is no keeper, I havn´t seen one! Any info on the hide?

Thanks! Y2 says this is their “HV horse” leather, which is described as:

“HV Horse - After tying with chrome, dye the base once, then apply paraffin (region) chemical, and finish it a few days later. At the time of finishing, an iron is applied, but due to the heat, the rose fins raise the color of the base, causing the leather to appear uneven. It is a combination of tannins, so the leather is bulging and thick. The material that you can wear again and enjoy the aging. After a thickness of 1,4 mm.”

Some of that flew over my head, but sounds like chrome tanned waxed leather? Not sure about the iron/heat bit. I don’t know where it’s sourced, but the leather feels nice, thick, but not super rigid

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! Y2 says this is their “HV horse” leather, which is described as:

“HV Horse - After tying with chrome, dye the base once, then apply paraffin (region) chemical, and finish it a few days later. At the time of finishing, an iron is applied, but due to the heat, the rose fins raise the color of the base, causing the leather to appear uneven. It is a combination of tannins, so the leather is bulging and thick. The material that you can wear again and enjoy the aging. After a thickness of 1,4 mm.”

Some of that flew over my head, but sounds like chrome tanned waxed leather? Not sure about the iron/heat bit. I don’t know where it’s sourced, but the leather feels nice, thick, but not super rigid

Thanks much! Indeed, that´s all lot of info that seems to boil down to a rather substantial, chrome-tanned leather. I don´t quite get the "combination" part, but perhaps that doesn´t matter too much. Jacket looks great in any event!

Reactions: d z
Got this Super Monza from @Monitor. He was right about everything, including the super slim fit. I thought I would be able to slip in, but it really is too tight for me, so I'll soon post it in the classifieds.

View attachment 353817

Now I want to buy it back!!! You rock it so well and while it fits you exactly as it did me, it looks so much cooler on you. But the reason I bought it was 'cause I loved the way it fit me. It's an insanely cool LL. They've done something with this particular one that makes it stand out even more. Not to mention the hide...

Al 916

One Too Many
Now I want to buy it back!!! You rock it so well and while it fits you exactly as it did me, it looks so much cooler on you. But the reason I bought it was 'cause I loved the way it fit me. It's an insanely cool LL. They've done something with this particular one that makes it stand out even more. Not to mention the hide...

I just had a grok moment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo