Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Took a birds view picture of my current leather jacket collection today. Thought I'd share... Clockwise from 12 o'clock: The Real McCoy's Buco J-100, Thedi Leathers CCT-1260, The Flat Head Delraiser, Freewheelers LaBrea, Fine Creek Leathers Eric, Himel Brothers Canuck, Rainbow Country Sports Jacket, Eastman Leather Clothing A-1.
View attachment 354019

That’s a really nice collection you’ve got there! I like the range of colours and styles you have.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Out in the rain
Screenshot_20210814_213920_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Took a birds view picture of my current leather jacket collection today. Thought I'd share... Clockwise from 12 o'clock: The Real McCoy's Buco J-100, Thedi Leathers CCT-1260, The Flat Head Delraiser, Freewheelers LaBrea, Fine Creek Leathers Eric, Himel Brothers Canuck, Rainbow Country Sports Jacket, Eastman Leather Clothing A-1.
View attachment 354019
superb. Love the style and color variation. I'm trying to get there myself now that I've bought and tried on a bunch of stuff. 12 is my goal, like your clock LOL. We'll see. Tough to part with some of them.

View attachment 354019

Great jackets, but the diversity of color really caught my eye. Awesome pic.

Mandarin

Practically Family
that's not too far off IMO. I can see though a little tight in the chest. You look pretty skinny so doesn't sound like some weight loss is in your future. Maybe keep it as your unzipped jacket.
It's not far, but it's not supposed to fit that way. These jackets are conceived for riding, and the current ones can include armor. There's no way I can fit an armor in there! So, yes, I could use this as a casual jacket and wear it unzipped, but I would be missing something. The style would be there, but not the function.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Got a jar of Urad in and treated the Hercules. Figured out a few things going through the process and really touching every part of the jacket:

1) The main zip was replaced at some point. I don’t really have an eye for these things but there’s an obvious second set of stitches on top of the first set.

2) The shoulders and top of collar are a little drier than I thought- although nothing flaked off as I worked it.

(Due to these discoveries I feel the need to pull my classified, especially the non-original main zip. Guess it’s meant to be mine after all)

3) This jacket already looked great and @ton312 is right, Urad made it look even better! Really nice stuff.

Took a few pics having fun with it.

7A2C148E-898C-41A0-A13D-50CA641BCB6A.jpeg
14A242EF-16C3-4EAD-95E3-C36020DA035E.jpeg
223CB986-78CE-4510-A4D1-8D20C6F2AF2C.jpeg
5F1AA96C-930C-4C07-A88C-C836692029FA.jpeg
8F42F83F-0AB2-41E3-9AD9-095A8291BE2C.jpeg

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Thanks HM! I think you’re in for a treat.

I’ve done much less experimenting with products, hot water, dyes etc than you have so I’m sure it’ll be an easy go for you.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 354019
nice color wheel, needs some blue

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 354019
Epic pic.
Epic selection.
Fantastic colors.
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Got a jar of Urad in and treated the Hercules. Figured out a few things going through the process and really touching every part of the jacket:

1) The main zip was replaced at some point. I don’t really have an eye for these things but there’s an obvious second set of stitches on top of the first set.

2) The shoulders and top of collar are a little drier than I thought- although nothing flaked off as I worked it.

(Due to these discoveries I feel the need to pull my classified, especially the non-original main zip. Guess it’s meant to be mine after all)

3) This jacket already looked great and @ton312 is right, Urad made it look even better! Really nice stuff.

Took a few pics having fun with it.

View attachment 354147 View attachment 354148 View attachment 354149 View attachment 354150 View attachment 354151
10/10
B

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hi Marc - that looks really great! Which Urad product did you use and how would you say it differs from Pecards, if you have had a chance to compare the two?
55A26C51-A0E3-46A1-91B0-6BF17BDDE59A.jpeg

I haven't tried pecards but I did try obenaufs. Obenauf's can make a jacket look matte and it doesn't really enhance the color dept. Plus depending on the type of leather, it may take up to a week or two to fully dry. Urad is dry within minutes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk