Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
What Jacket Did You Wear To The Beach Today?
Rained all day today, but yesterday the sun really brought out the rich golden color of this Indian goatskin GW A-2 Dubow.
IMG_8155.jpeg
IMG_8178.jpeg
IMG_8131.jpeg
IMG_8132.jpeg
IMG_8134.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I am going to LL Bean to check out their thermal henleys that have some wool component. The idea is to have only one layer under a leather jacket in weather down to 32F. Of course the jacket will have a quilted warm lining; we'll see if one layer underneath is enough. Most of my jackets are pretty close fitting and wearing a sweater underneath constricts movement in shoulders and make me feel like a sausage in a casing. It has been a constant struggle for me to solve this for winter time. I think the solution might be a 5* B-2 (or a @MrProper special) and a t-shirt, lol. But that would mean yet another jacket...

Cornelius

Practically Family
I am going to LL Bean to check out their thermal henleys that have some wool component. The idea is to have only one layer under a leather jacket in weather down to 32F. Of course the jacket will have a quilted warm lining; we'll see if one layer underneath is enough. Most of my jackets are pretty close fitting and wearing a sweater underneath constricts movement in shoulders and make me feel like a sausage in a casing. It has been a constant struggle for me to solve this for winter time. I think the solution might be a 5* B-2 (or a @MrProper special) and a t-shirt, lol. But that would mean yet another jacket...

This is an exceptionally warm henley; I have the dark gray.

Mrfrown

One Too Many

For me the sausage effect extends from shoulder through my arm on most of my jackets, it’s part of why I like the Filson vests so much. I have been considering the LL Bean commando sweaters but been leery because of tightness concerns.

I’ll check out those henleys you shared @Cornelius thanks!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Most of my jackets are pretty close fitting and wearing a sweater underneath constricts movement in shoulders and make me feel like a sausage in a casing. It has been a constant struggle for me to solve this for winter time.
The proper TFL solution to this first world problem is of course to buy a full size range from the same style/color jacket :p

Small medium large

D9A97417-B89E-4676-B3BE-0BF6E400B2A5.jpeg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
What Jacket Did You Wear To The Beach Today?
Rained all day today, but yesterday the sun really brought out the rich golden color of this Indian goatskin GW A-2 Dubow.
View attachment 384168 View attachment 384169 View attachment 384170 View attachment 384171 View attachment 384172
@jonesy86 While sitting here in the office, looking out of the window, seeing only rain and dark clouds for almost one week now, I would appreciate it if you could use your cell phone filter "NO beach and sunshine" like @Marc mndt did with his elevator pic yesterday. This would definitely brighten my day. Btw. nice jacket as usual and enjoy the nice weather on the beach :)

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
The proper TFL solution to this first world problem is of course to buy a full size range from the same style/color jacket :p

Small medium large

View attachment 384195
@Marc mndt You already have such a wonderful vintage jacket collection and all three fits you perfectly. The middle one is my favorite one (I think that's the one you cleaned, preserved, treated a lot for making it look as beautiful as it looks now).

willyto

One Too Many
15F3B580-85A0-4BEF-A4F0-36683D208D77.jpeg
7DF568CC-940A-4594-AB42-D77CF97D5772.jpeg
6C5FB166-F6CE-413F-987E-2AF96C52A623.jpeg
96A7052A-A745-4C12-ADC8-EC9904478A9D.jpeg
DFDCD486-14D8-4DBB-933F-EF286A0EC466.jpeg
I’ve been wearing my sample SJC goatskin for a few weeks now since the cold arrived. Took the pics after walking half an hour in the rain. It kept me dry.

I layer it with a sleeveless wool pullover and have plenty of room. I wish the sleeves were just a tad more slim though.

Cornelius

Practically Family
@jonesy86 While sitting here in the office, looking out of the window, seeing only rain and dark clouds for almost one week now, I would appreciate it if you could use your cell phone filter "NO beach and sunshine" like @Marc mndt did with his elevator pic yesterday. This would definitely brighten my day. Btw. nice jacket as usual and enjoy the nice weather on the beach :)

@Robbie79 why don't you just head over to Zandvoort whenever wishing you were in Hawaii? It's nearly the same thing...

Last edited:

Schambach

Practically Family

It's a bit modern, but an arc teryx delta lt pullover takes up very little room, and is extremely warm for it's weight. I've been wearing that, and a merino t shirt under a close fitting schott 689h(with quilted lining) and have been quite warm in mid twenties. Patagonia R1 pullover would be about the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points