Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations Dude. You definitely married up! Treat her like the princess that she is, thank her every day for sharing her life with you, and make her happiness your central priority. Everything else will fall into place. Happy trails.
Wiser words have never been written.
Sincere congratulations @dudewuttheheck. Savor the journey.
B

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
What Jacket Did You Take To The Beach Today?

I got this CAL in the mail and immediately went outlaw and drove my Prius 27 mph in a 25 mph zone down the hill to the beach.

View attachment 388079 View attachment 388080 View attachment 388081 View attachment 388082 View attachment 388083 View attachment 388085 View attachment 388088 View attachment 388089 View attachment 388092
one of the most epic Cal fits ever. And you have no idea how close you are to reality. The Cal shop in Ventura was probably only handful of blocks from the beach. The new shop as well is about half mile.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haha thanks! I certainly did. Already doing my best to do that, but it doesn't hurt to have that advice reinforced. Much appreciated!
Wiser words have never been written.

I learned the hard way. Throughout my failed first marriage, I endeavored to prove that I was right. In other words, I was a terrible husband.

With my second marriage, I acquiesce 99.999% of the time . . . even when she is wrong. It ain't worth the fight. In return, she treats me exponentially better than my first wife. The correlation is undeniable. I also thank my wife every day for compromising and settling on a husband well below what she deserves and could have obtained had she held out for better.

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Freewheelers Bodie again. Can you tell this is my favorite jacket?
KgcHbTx.jpg

I learned the hard way. Throughout my failed first marriage, I endeavored to prove that I was right. In other words, I was a terrible husband.

With my second marriage, I acquiesce 99.999% of the time . . . even when she is wrong. It ain't worth the fight. In return, she treats me exponentially better than my first wife. The correlation is undeniable. I also thank my wife every day for compromising and settling on a husband well below what she deserves and could have obtained had she held out for better.

I don't know, we all have our experiences but I think you just married a fantastic woman the second time around. Finding the balance is the key but acquiescing to everything, in my extremely limited experience, doesn't lead to equality, which is the foundation of respect.

Girl that I was very happy with would get very angry at me acquiescing to everything, reasoning that she is perfectly capable of realizing when she is wrong, but rarely of admitting it and that my reluctance to pursue the (obvious) truth makes me seem dishonest and that, to her, was worse than anything.

That and self-deprecating humor I would sometimes resort to in the past; She said once it stays with her and makes her think of me that way. "Words shape reality" she'd say...

madhu

Familiar Face

Coriu

One Too Many
Advice for women marrying a TFL member.:)

-Give him all of the closet space he wants now. He will reward you in the future by taking more.
-When he mentions "I really don't need to buy this leather jacket," insist he buy it..or better yet, buy it and surprise him.
-When he asks, "Does this leather jacket fit properly?" give him steady assurance it does, even if you know differently. Avoid discussing jacket length at all costs.
-Pay attention to the details and let him know you noticed. He will glow when you do. For instance, a zipper is not "just another zipper."
-When he cannot decide upon the build of his next custom jacket, don't try to be a problem solver. Just sit and listen to the rationalizations and focus on listening. Remember...men are from Mars, women are from Venus, and TFL members are from another galaxy altogether.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner