What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
80s CHP

93D9A7E2-0461-4434-9CB0-6192DFFEFABD.jpeg
F29155FA-2D66-4D1A-91F1-A81E0AADCFAE.jpeg

roadking04

Practically Family
Damn!! Looks like an upgraded version of a model E. Nicely done!!

Thanks Ton. JL was able to put a thru belt on mine, as requested. They really did a great job. I also added a few extra inside pockets. This CXL horsehide is no joke. lol. I might have bit off more than I can chew.

@roadking04 Awesome!! I was working in SF recently and popped into JL for a few minutes. All the time I had— almost walked out with an OTR jacket like this. So damn nice.

Thanks J. I would love to visit their shop someday. They really know how to build a motorcycle jacket. I went with the "hoodie fit" on this one. I have a detached garage and I trudged through a foot of snow to get to my bike. I was able to sit on it and I don't think any cold winds will get through this jacket. Feels really great on the bike and pretending to ride. lol. Can't wait to give it a go.

Great looking jacket....serious leather !!

Thanks TREE. I have an older Vanson comp.weight jacket and I used to have a Langlitz HEAVY weight Colombia before they discontinued it. I have to say, this is an industrial grade motorcycle leather.

Great jacket! Nice double prong belt and I see you got a fur collar on this one too.

Thanks Panda. Good eye. Yes, I have the fur collar. A "must have" in my climate. lol. I forgot to have it on for the pic. I took it off and was trying different combos. JL did a really good job with the neck opening. The opening works with the collar/without the collar, with a hoodie/with a t-shirt.

I just told Alan I wanted a belt, he did the rest.

ES335

One of the Regulars
My long awaited JL jacket arrived. 4oz+ overdye. WOW. Might take a few years to get some creases. Fit is a little roomy, but I have no problems with a hoodie underneath.

I finally had someone around to snap a few pics right out of the box. I didn't know my little granddaughter did a photo bomb. lol. She was actually helping with the break-in, she was chewing on my sleeve leather zipper pull, adding some patina. lol.

View attachment 397123 View attachment 397124
That thing looks like a coat of armor! Beautiful little helper, btw... best to you and your family.

Mandarin

A-List Customer
Just received this Indian Allstate from Buyee.jp. Looks like a repro of some model I thought I had spotted in the Rin Tanaka book, but I must have imagined it because I couldn't find it anymore. Anyway, I was attracted to the simplicity of the pattern. It's very well built in a teacore horsehide that's hefty and pretty grainy in places. The fit is very similar to my LW J 23. Already a favorite.

Allstate fit-1-2.jpg

Allstate fit-1-3.jpg

Attachments

• Allstate fit-1-4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 202
Just received this Indian Allstate from Buyee.jp. Looks like a repro of some model I thought I had spotted in the Rin Tanaka book, but I must have imagined it because I couldn't find it anymore. Anyway, I was attracted to the simplicity of the pattern. It's very well built in a teacore horsehide that's hefty and pretty grainy in places. The fit is very similar to my LW J 23. Already a favorite.

View attachment 397370

View attachment 397371

This is just right in every way!

JMax

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 397370

View attachment 397371

Awesome. I love the look of clean D pockets(no coin pockets on it).

powersci

One of the Regulars
Well now I want one of those! Which color combo is that?

The Dehen site calls it “loden and gold.” Not my first choice (really wanted the blue/brown). But another TFL user sold me this one and the price was perfect. Todd Snyder has it listed at $999 right now vs $1295 direct from Dehen.

The canvas color is a bit darker than what my pics show.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

One Too Many
Damn, why everything need t
The Dehen site calls it “loden and gold.” Not my first choice (really wanted the blue/brown). But another TFL user sold me this one and the price was perfect. Todd Snyder has it listed at $999 right now vs $1295 direct from Dehen.

The canvas color is a bit darker than what my pics show.
Why does everything need to be so expensive. It's spectacular. Best looking deck/waxed jacket i think I've seen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWhite