Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Meanwhile, on the East Coast...;). Took my wife out for a walk. Fun!

P1080361.JPG

Motocann

One Too Many
This jacket went from zero to hero (overly dramatic, I know).

Besides the shoulder pad treatment to address some neck weight distribution issues, I added zips to the hand warmers. Completely transformed the silhouette. Will never get another leather jacket without a way to close down pockets. Makes all the difference.

Really digging the epic brown cxl. This is going to be one of those epic aged IG jackets that gets used as a movie prop, hanging in the background to denote coolness, wisdom and the dilemma of needing to adjust your raw denim jean leg hem.
View attachment 398645 View attachment 398646
Interesting where’d ya have the work done?

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Interesting where’d ya have the work done?
The shoulder pads I did myself because I wasn't sure if it would work. Not the prettiest job but now that I know it really helped, I may see what a seamstress could do to make it more secure. maybe even hide them on the inside of the liner so they're completely invisible.

The zippers, I found this leather and denim repair shop in Studio City (Los Angeles area). Very eccentric, fun owner. Hit every stitch hole, perfect tension on the zipper tape, really well done. She could have cleaned up some of the glue, but no biggie. She had some incredible before/after shots of some denim repairs like completely rebuilding a crutch blow out and stuff like that. So I decided to give a try vs. the usual drive up to the Cal Leathers shop.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Yes I’m going to be wearing the Langlitz a lot. Today with Deer Wear faux sherpa vest. It was cozier than I expected though not totally sold on the leather + leather. Maybe I just like my Filson vests too much..on the other hand the yellow/tan of the vest sure pops.

6BC5BB81-1811-4B6D-87BE-2DC89E00776C.jpeg

11A1EBCF-9CE9-4F5C-A6F1-9AAAD057DABF.jpeg
6DEE3C0F-C5E5-4E60-ADEC-62E8450352AC.jpeg

roadking04

Practically Family
Yes I’m going to be wearing the Langlitz a lot.

Looks like it is settling down ever-so-slightly. Looking good Mr.F. You and I received our jackets on the same day. I have been wearing mine as much as possible, also.

I asked for the "blackest, smoothest, shiniest" hide from JL. I would say they picked a pretty good one for me. I was worried that it might be too brownish from what I was hearing about the overdye. It seems black to my eye. I tried to show it against my 618 steerhide, which I would call a "greyer/lighter" black.

20220129_122004[1].jpg
20220129_122033[1].jpg
20220129_122100[1].jpg

Hh121

Banned
Looks like it is settling down ever-so-slightly. Looking good Mr.F. You and I received our jackets on the same day. I have been wearing mine as much as possible, also.

I asked for the "blackest, smoothest, shiniest" hide from JL. I would say they picked a pretty good one for me. I was worried that it might be too brownish from what I was hearing about the overdye. It seems black to my eye. I tried to show it against my 618 steerhide, which I would call a "greyer/lighter" black.

View attachment 398937 View attachment 398938 View attachment 398939
Are those scuff on the front panel and left sleeve already there when new or after few wear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo