Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

alectric

New in Town
Hi everyone, I’m new and happy to be here. I have mostly been into collecting sunglasses but now am retired and have renewed interest in leather jackets, silver jewelry and boots. Not a good pic like some of the other pro looking ones but it’s a start. Late 90s Johnson leathers.

Attachments

• 271AA6EB-FF19-4A7E-B794-4FF4BB9627DB.jpeg
    271AA6EB-FF19-4A7E-B794-4FF4BB9627DB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 105

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
A client turned good friend and band mate kept commenting on the jackets I would show up with when we jam. He said he's wanted a biker jacket forever. He's around my size, so I gave him my old 618 Perfecto. It goes without saying I had to replace it, so I went to the Schott store in NY and bought a brand new 618. This was a few months ago. I initially sent it to Schott to have the sleeves shortened. Been wearing it a ton since I got it back. It's kind of tight but it's already loosened up and will continue to do so. Been meaning to post but I wanted to wear it in a bit. Took the opportunity today as it's snowing and miserable in Philly.

View attachment 409235
View attachment 409236
View attachment 409237
That is a very nice fit.

Reactions: jeo

Nickelman2005

New in Town
A client turned good friend and band mate kept commenting on the jackets I would show up with when we jam. He said he's wanted a biker jacket forever. He's around my size, so I gave him my old 618 Perfecto. It goes without saying I had to replace it, so I went to the Schott store in NY and bought a brand new 618. This was a few months ago. I initially sent it to Schott to have the sleeves shortened. Been wearing it a ton since I got it back. It's kind of tight but it's already loosened up and will continue to do so. Been meaning to post but I wanted to wear it in a bit. Took the opportunity today as it's snowing and miserable in Philly.

View attachment 409235
View attachment 409236
View attachment 409237

Beautiful! Looks great on you. I love my 618, too.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 409235
View attachment 409236
View attachment 409237
I wonder why we don't see more Schott Perfectos here on the lounge. Yours looks as good as any custom Aero mc jacket I've seen. Maybe even better, pattern wise.

jeo

One Too Many
I wonder why we don't see more Schott Perfectos here on the lounge. Yours looks as good as any custom Aero mc jacket I've seen. Maybe even better, pattern wise.
I'm sure there are a ton of them out there. Maybe people don't post them as much as they ought to. The ones you have are killer (early to mid 80's?).

With the exception of the Perfectos from around the late 80's to early 2000's when they were oversized and baggy, this design and pattern from Schott can't be topped IMO. Many have copied it, not many (if any at all) have topped it.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
shout out to the Schotts. They do not get the love they deserve. Probably over priced as new, but given their availability, you can easily find most models for as much as 50% off in very new conditions.

That 618 fits like my 613Sh. I was kind of worried it was bordering sausage ville, but like yours, it's been opening up a lot recently. Got it wet and wore a really thick hoodie underneath, and it transformed. Nice look!

That 118j though, holy cow that's fire. Is that the old brown model? That leather looks superb. I love my 118 and I wish I could get it more wears because Im really curious how that 100 series leather is going to evolve.

jeo

One Too Many
shout out to the Schotts. They do not get the love they deserve. Probably over priced as new, but given their availability, you can easily find most models for as much as 50% off in very new conditions.
You're right. I was looking at used ones initially but I wanted to try them on first and I was planning on a trip to NYC anyway. Once I was in the Schott store there was no way I was walking out without one.
That 618 fits like my 613Sh. I was kind of worried it was bordering sausage ville, but like yours, it's been opening up a lot recently. Got it wet and wore a really thick hoodie underneath, and it transformed. Nice look!
Really? I'm surprised that happened with the horsehide. The cow/steer is notorious for stretching quite a bit. I've never had any of my horsehide jackets stretch out. I've also never owned a Schott horsehide although I did try the horsehide 613 and 618 in the Schott store but it was too shiny for my taste.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
You're right. I was looking at used ones initially but I wanted to try them on first and I was planning on a trip to NYC anyway. Once I was in the Schott store there was no way I was walking out without one.

Really? I'm surprised that happened with the horsehide. The cow/steer is notorious for stretching quite a bit. I've never had any of my horsehide jackets stretch out. I've also never owned a Schott horsehide although I did try the horsehide 613 and 618 in the Schott store but it was too shiny for my taste.
LOL, I hear ya. I live by the LA store. Every time I go there now, I leave my wallet at home LOL. I kind of feel bad for the sales guys, but I did buy at least 2 or 3 new ones from there a few years back and I've sent them a bunch of customers who I know want new and don't have the patience for Ebay.

Believe me, it was no easy task. The horse is still fighting me. But one day like magic, it finally loosened up. I got wet several times and would always wear a sweatshirt or something thicker underneath. Helped a little bit, but not a lot. You have to be careful because with the shoulder gussets, you cant do the pillow type stretch. So I went a little more aggressive than what I had been doing, but not quite full blown over stuffing it. Over a few days, I got maybe a half inch on the PTP and waist which helped tremendously. It's still more on the punk rock look which is what I wanted since I have a more relaxed 118, but if I had to do over again, I'd just buy the 42 and shrink slightly.

1647138491514.png

marker2037

Practically Family

That 118j though, holy cow that's fire. Is that the old brown model? That leather looks superb. I love my 118 and I wish I could get it more wears because Im really curious how that 100 series leather is going to evolve.
Yea, my 118J is the brown, 80's model. It's honestly one of the coolest natural wear jackets I've ever seen, so I feel very lucky to own it.

I'll get some more pics with it here this week in Bulgaria along with the Aero 101J from @Monitor that I finally got in hand :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112