Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
000B06DA-FEB0-4DA4-B604-87B85BD5F2B1.jpeg

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
At the risk of ending up in that other thread making fun of fashion jackets, I just unboxed this Thurston jacket by Vanson bringing one of my wilder ideas to life. Abyss Blue Bainbridge and sheepskin come together to make what I'd call "I can't believe it's not denim sherpa"

Attachments

• IMG_5181.jpg
    IMG_5181.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5182.jpg
    IMG_5182.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 123

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
At the risk of ending up in that other thread making fun of fashion jackets, I just unboxed this Thurston jacket by Vanson bringing one of my wilder ideas to life. Abyss Blue Bainbridge and sheepskin come together to make what I'd call "I can't believe it's not denim sherpa"
I love the idea. It has been debated whether leather is a good material for a trucker jacket, and you took it one step further - the Abyss Blue Bainbridge resembles indigo, creating a real statement piece. Would love to see fit pics in daylight in good weather - that's when the Abyss shines.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
I'm super happy with it but leather truckers aren't for everyone and ones like this especially aren't for everyone. I genuinely wanted to be able to wear this regularly and walk around town in colder weather which meant slightly lengthening the body from a more classic trucker fit and adding handwarmers. If you're wearing gloves and/or the temp is below freezing it's just not very comfortable to put them in jeans pockets. I can't seem to find photos of either but the idea actually came from seeing Prada and RRL do a similar thing though they were both distressed sheepskin which was cool in that they looked even more like denim but it wasn't something you'd probably want to wear regularly. When Thurston came out with Abyss Blue Bainbridge I found the outer shell I'd want for a jacket like this.

Edit: I guess it's also worth mentioning Aero shows you their Type III 557xx in blue horsehide by default which I'm sure also helped inspire this.
I love the idea. It has been debated whether leather is a good material for a trucker jacket, and you took it one step further - the Abyss Blue Bainbridge resembles indigo, creating a real statement piece. Would love to see fit pics in daylight in good weather - that's when the Abyss shines.

Last edited:
I'm super happy with it but leather truckers aren't for everyone and ones like this especially aren't for everyone. I genuinely wanted to be able to wear this regularly and walk around town in colder weather which meant slightly lengthening the body from a more classic trucker fit and adding handwarmers. If you're wearing gloves and/or the temp is below freezing it's just not very comfortable to put them in jeans pockets. I can't seem to find photos of either but the idea actually came from seeing Prada and RRL do a similar thing though they were both distressed sheepskin which was cool in that they looked even more like denim but it wasn't something you'd probably want to wear regularly. When Thurston came out with Abyss Blue Bainbridge I found the outer shell I'd want for a jacket like this.

Edit: I guess it's also worth mentioning Aero shows you their Type III 557xx in blue horsehide by default which I'm sure also helped inspire this.
Perfect hide choice. I think this is the first jacket I’ve seen in it where it actually makes the most sense. I’d love to see fit pics too!

Soo Wool. We had a crazy bout of second summer here last few weeks but that was seemingly blown out by some 65 mph gusts this am. Got to actually give this one a test. It’s an instant favorite and with room to get a thin sweater under it it should take me straight through all but the coldest Chicago can muster.
172B92B2-4CA3-48DC-8FCC-1E3AE378A067.jpeg

Pheasants best seek cover now. LOL.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Soo Wool. We had a crazy bout of second summer here last few weeks but that was seemingly blown out by some 65 mph gusts this am. Got to actually give this one a test. It’s an instant favorite and with room to get a thin sweater under it it should take me straight through all but the coldest Chicago can muster.
View attachment 462616
Wow, this is what perfection looks like. Absolutely amazing.

Observe

One Too Many
Wilson's tonight. Can't argue with the fit, despite it being a $50 ebay score. My cheapest and possibly best fitting jacket. One thing i dont love is the shoulder padding but its not too noticeable and id spend more getting it removed than the jacket cost me.
20221105_183427.jpg
20221105_183526.jpg

Wilson's tonight. Can't argue with the fit, despite it being a $50 ebay score. My cheapest and possibly best fitting jacket. One thing i dont love is the shoulder padding but its not too noticeable and id spend more getting it removed than the jacket cost me. View attachment 462619 View attachment 462620
If you’re careful you can remove it on your own and whip stitch the liner back together. I’ve done this in the past. Some 40’s-50’s jackets came with shoulders pads.

Awesome jacket!! I love leather truckers and Vanson makes them as good as anybody. I miss my Cheyenne.

View attachment 462616

Damn that’s nice. I’m back to looking at the one on Etsy.

Motocann

One Too Many
I know… this is supposed to be dedicated to leather jackets. But, sometimes it’s nice to just layer up with a cool denim piece. Rogue Territory just released a Western shirt in this same Cryptic denim. Stunning denim and Karl from RGT always get the fits perfect!
BDED40C5-8564-48E0-854B-154F71E2A402.jpeg

Liveinstyle33

One of the Regulars
One of my favorite jackets, a heavy steerhide Aero Highwayman. This one is heavier than normal, even for steerhides, and the sleeves are unusually thick. So thick that it would mitigate a lot of crush force, like a dog bite, or another animal. I like that. I've worn this jacket on lonely mountains on long hikes. I've only had it for about a year but it has already seen a lot and will see much more.

Front 1.jpg
Back.jpg
Front 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21