Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Liveinstyle33

One of the Regulars
Aero Thunderbay in cold weather. First three photos are in Page Arizona, selfie is in Zion Park Utah with Angels landing in the background.
Edit. By the way, I was just in the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, did a 7 mile hike straight down to the canyon. It became deadly cold after 7pm, on the 7 mile hike back up. My sweat from the previous hours began to freeze and the water in my water bottle, despite being constantly moved around and shaken, froze solid. I was dragging up the canyon in incredible darkness (cell phone light in Thunderbay pocket lit the way). The temperature went from upper 20s, to lower teens and possibly lower, with howling wind. The Thunderbay blocks windchill like a steel shield. Thank the horse's hide for that. Scary experience, had to share it. It is the Kaibab trail, and it is no joke. A serious hike in serious cold weather right now.

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

IMG_7833.jpeg

Selfie.jpeg

Last edited:

Viking752

Practically Family
Aero Thunderbay in cold weather. First three photos are in Page Arizona, selfie is in Zion Park Utah with Angels landing in the background.
Edit. By the way, I was just in the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, did a 7 mile hike straight down to the canyon. It became deadly cold after 7pm, on the 7 mile hike back up. My sweat from the previous hours began to freeze and the water in my water bottle, despite being constantly moved around and shaken, froze solid. I was dragging up the canyon in incredible darkness (cell phone light in Thunderbay pocket lit the way). The temperature went from upper 20s, to lower teens and possibly lower, with howling wind. The Thunderbay blocks windchill like a steel shield. Thank the horse's hide for that. Scary experience, had to share it. It is the Kaibab trail, and it is no joke. A serious hike in serious cold weather right now.

View attachment 464632

View attachment 464633

View attachment 464635

View attachment 464634
Great looking jacket and fit is spot on.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Golden Bear x Butterscotch LB jacket:
View attachment 464651
denim vest or jacket? Love this look. Been seeing it pop up on IG a few times lately. I guess works well with a bulkier jacket so you can layer on top of the denim. It's funny because most of my IH denim shirts are thicker than my other brand jackets from RRL and Bravestar. So I guess I can pull off the jacket a little easier if the top jacket has a little more room in the arm hole and obviously torso etc. Experimenting tomorrow....

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 464632

View attachment 464633

View attachment 464635

View attachment 464634
nature is no joke. I'm guessing that's CXL, it must have been like rock hard fiberglass in that kind of cold weather.

When I was getting into photography, I spent a few days in Paige and Zion about a decade ago. Amazing trip. I went to the Indian sandstone slot creeks and horseshoe bend in Paige. Nothing makes you feel smaller than your physical presence in the splendor of nature. A couple of handful of people had died in these slot creeks during a flash flood a few years earlier and I think a few people a year die on that hike to Angel Landing in Zion.

1668446255310.png

1668446547027.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ