Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
It's like the fastenings you get on what they call Fireman Jackets.

G1014_WX0210
thank you for the clear picture friend :)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
All good points.
Keep in mind, Iron Heart western shirts run slim, as they should. IMHO, they’re the best fitting shirts on the market today. That being said, they can be difficult for larger guys to fit.
If you’re concerned about the “slim” fit of this shirt, you might want to consider a different brand. For instance Black Bear makes a stunning horse hide shirt. The fit is a bit roomier.

Thanks, @Merv! Your Pale Rider really started the itch for me. I have looked at Black Bear and also at "Fortela" which makes a supernice grey-green shirt from heqavy suede. I am just afraid that I will always return to the Iron-Heart as my "original desire". Happened before...!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Schott 519. I don’t post it every time I wear it. I like it enough ive considered breaking my personal “no copy cat styles” rule and getting one in steerhide ie 618 or 613

View attachment 472351 View attachment 472352
this jacket is really nice on you. I owned one (not the nordstrom model) and it just never felt right on me.

If you go to the 600s, I'd suggest the horsehide either SH if you want a trimmer fit or the regular horsehide. The regular steerhide models have that hide with really thick top coat. Takes years and hard wearing to break down. The end result is nice, but in the short term, you're going to have that soft 500 leather and it will be like night and day. Other option is 118, very soft and nice matte finish so will contrast your 519, but it's also cut longer. Can't remember if same length as 519 or maybe a touch shorter.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
this jacket is really nice on you. I owned one (not the nordstrom model) and it just never felt right on me.

If you go to the 600s, I'd suggest the horsehide either SH if you want a trimmer fit or the regular horsehide. The regular steerhide models have that hide with really thick top coat. Takes years and hard wearing to break down. The end result is nice, but in the short term, you're going to have that soft 500 leather and it will be like night and day. Other option is 118, very soft and nice matte finish so will contrast your 519, but it's also cut longer. Can't remember if same length as 519 or maybe a touch shorter.

The 519 is the same pattern as the 613S(H) except an inch longer (so the same length as the 118) and of course subject to alpha sizing, so if you’re in between those sizes, you’re stuck.

The M of the 519 is a 613S in 40, with marginally (1/4”) wider shoulders and an inch of added length.

Motocann

One Too Many
Yes, thank you, I know that. Superb jacket distributed in Italy and France also effectively in the 90's. Made in the USA also at a time when Schott did not let anything be done by European nominees. Today "LC" Schott is a disaster, it seems to me, for the image of the brand... With a few rare exceptions.
A few years back Schott European was doing some really nice non-leather garments. Shirts and jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy