Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A9F7DA0B-A54F-46D3-83A2-3146E7E45EBB.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Hey Tom. It's an XL. the problem with them is there's a lot of variance on the dimensions from shirt to shirt. They tell you to take the same size you would take with a western UHF. I can wear a L (very fitted) or an XL (slightly relaxed) in those. So happens this leather shirt was XL but it was on the smaller side for sure. Spec is 22.8 ptp and mine is 22.25.

The measurements are ok in the end, certainly on the fitted side, but the main issue (hopefully short term) is the stiffness. It doesn't drape like a cotton or denim shirt. Even though it's skived veg tanned horsehide, it's still pretty stiff. Has more a CXL quality to it. So if you oversize too much, you might look like you're wearing a turtle shell lol.

But now that I got all the negative out of the way, it really is a grail piece. I added some pecards a few days ago and it transformed the feel of the shirt. I'm seeing the possibilities of how it can evolve. Of course it won't stretch, and I don't need it to, but I need it to ease in certain spots like a shirt would do, especially in the placket. It's only about 10 wears. You know the original color, so you can see how glorious it will become.

For you I'd recommend XXL, but make sure you look at the dimensions. You might be able to get a big XL.

Thanks. This is extremely helpful indeed!

I am an XL in the western shirts but wear the UHF flannel in L. The fit of your Pale Rider looks perfect, but I would have thought I need 1/2 size larger than you. So, yes, a "larger" XL or a "smaller" XXL seems to make sense. I am looking at wearing the shirt exactly like you do, i.e. as a "shirt", not as a jacket/overshirt, so I really can´t go too large, but I certainly don´t want to keep fighting the hide all the time either.

Well, good thing it´s not available at the moment...;)

ChrisDamned

Familiar Face
Beautiful Schott you have there. Of course I had to go down the rabbit hole of research on the 630.. You may already know this but these were built by Schott for an Italian distributor in 1994.
Yes, thank you, I know that. Superb jacket distributed in Italy and France also effectively in the 90's. Made in the USA also at a time when Schott did not let anything be done by European nominees. Today "LC" Schott is a disaster, it seems to me, for the image of the brand... With a few rare exceptions.

Motocann

One Too Many
Walter Dyer. Honestly, I’d put this jacket in my *all time* top 3. It’s remarkably easy to wear, warm and it’s my constant grab and go jacket.
It’s not fancy or ornate. No exotic hide. Just a perfectly built jacket in a thick and durable cowhide that is exactly like what Bates was using in the 70’s.
View attachment 471854
Perfect Perfect jacket! When it comes to hitting the mark with a leather jacket, “less is more” always applies.

Motocann

One Too Many
Thanks. This is extremely helpful indeed!

I am an XL in the western shirts but wear the UHF flannel in L. The fit of your Pale Rider looks perfect, but I would have thought I need 1/2 size larger than you. So, yes, a "larger" XL or a "smaller" XXL seems to make sense. I am looking at wearing the shirt exactly like you do, i.e. as a "shirt", not as a jacket/overshirt, so I really can´t go too large, but I certainly don´t want to keep fighting the hide all the time either.

Well, good thing it´s not available at the moment...;)
All good points.
Keep in mind, Iron Heart western shirts run slim, as they should. IMHO, they’re the best fitting shirts on the market today. That being said, they can be difficult for larger guys to fit.
If you’re concerned about the “slim” fit of this shirt, you might want to consider a different brand. For instance Black Bear makes a stunning horse hide shirt. The fit is a bit roomier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points