Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

New day… Walter Dyer… if you know, you know!
6299972D-58A8-4A9F-9BE6-7C878193BFF3.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
the sleeve is creasing beautifully, but since you know your sizes and your usual pattern that works well on your 5* , what do you think was the problem with that LL shoulder? it looks like the shoulder seam too flat not enough drop or perhaps the neck hole is too much to the front not enough curve on the back of the neck, or the neck hole is too small or perhaps the sleeve is pre rotated forward a little bit too much? or combination of some factors

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
the sleeve is creasing beautifully, but since you know your sizes and your usual pattern that works well on your 5* , what do you think was the problem with that LL shoulder? it looks like the shoulder seam too flat not enough drop or perhaps the neck hole is too much to the front not enough curve on the back of the neck, or the neck hole is too small or perhaps the sleeve is pre rotated forward a little bit too much? or combination of some factors
No, all is well.
The neck hole fits perfectly, the jacket is not on the neck but on the shoulders, the sleeves have a good rotation. When I close the jacket completely, the wrinkles are gone.
I think it is a combination of very soft leather, hardly flexible shoulder pads and relatively high weight. The dead weight pulls the front down and the weakest point just gives way. Without the shoulder pads it would distribute differently. It may also be that the collar was not sewn 100% tension-free and that comes in addition.
Maybe sheep is not the best choice for this style of jacket. I still like it the way it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran