Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Can I have some opinions on the fit of this jacket? I'm second guessing myself, because although I love the fit and closeness to my body, I think it looks a little long in the torso. I have unusual body proportions (short legs, about 28" inseam at 5'11-6'0), not sure if it's the pants or what but I feel it makes my torso look a bit elongated and my legs a bit stubby/stumpy.

Thanks all!

View attachment 481634
Jacket looks great. Perfect really.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Can I have some opinions on the fit of this jacket? I'm second guessing myself, because although I love the fit and closeness to my body, I think it looks a little long in the torso. I have unusual body proportions (short legs, about 28" inseam at 5'11-6'0), not sure if it's the pants or what but I feel it makes my torso look a bit elongated and my legs a bit stubby/stumpy.

Thanks all!

View attachment 481634
i think your jacket fits you fine, pocket placement also looks cool, perhaps wearing pants with some break on your shoes and shoes that is closer to the color of the pants will make your legs longer. some internet guide probably tell us to match our leather color from jacket, belt and shoes, but I believe leather jacket and shoes doesn't have to be synchronized, you better match the shoes and your pants color

barnabus

One Too Many
Boringly, it's the Superdry cross zip again today, layered up even further with a massive hoodie because we're back to sub zero temperatures.

IMG_20230118_070932480.jpg

Motocann

One Too Many

Thanks all!

View attachment 481634
IMHO, the jacket looks great on you. I would ditch those khaki pants and match that jacket with blue jeans.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Spent the last few weeks searching high and low for a new “proper” riding jacket. I’m usually not the type to brand match a jacket to the bike I’m riding, but I landed on this Braddan Air Race jacket from Triumph. I’m pretty impressed with it. Full suite of D30 armor in elbows, shoulder, and spine. Antique brass Talon zips all around. Perf leather moves some air. The jacket keeps a nice slim profile with the armor, and I don’t feel like a moto gp racer or a football player like some of my previous bike jackets.
BE8853DB-FBFB-4252-92CC-12AB1A1E1F5D.jpeg

Attachments

• C2B9D36A-039E-49F5-8B84-8C65F10EE30C.jpeg
    C2B9D36A-039E-49F5-8B84-8C65F10EE30C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 61

DLBERNAU

New in Town
Spent the last few weeks searching high and low for a new “proper” riding jacket. I’m usually not the type to brand match a jacket to the bike I’m riding, but I landed on this Braddan Air Race jacket from Triumph. I’m pretty impressed with it. Full suite of D30 armor in elbows, shoulder, and spine. Antique brass Talon zips all around. Perf leather moves some air. The jacket keeps a nice slim profile with the armor, and I don’t feel like a moto gp racer or a football player like some of my previous bike jackets. View attachment 481686
That jackets fits you perfectly and yes, the new armor is certainly a big upgrade over the old stiff, hot, heavy stuff.

Observe

One Too Many
Mister Freedom "Frogman" jacket for an unseasonably warm day. Underneath is another eBay-sourced vintage flannel, this time from Pendleton. Few holes in it and the sleeves are too short but it's 100% wool and I love the camp collar.
20230118_104150.jpg

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Thanks all!

View attachment 481634

Very good fit, IMO. Shouldn´t be longer, but absolutely no issue here either. Looks great, overall!

Al 916

One Too Many
Haha, didn't mean it like that!

I do think I have a bit shorter leg ratio than usual. Believe usual inseam that I've seen around my height is around 30-32" when I have pants that go all the way from 25" (stops just at ankle) to 28" inseam (ones I'm wearing in the photo). I get a bit self concious about how clothing affects my proportions.

Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone!

5'10" with 29" leg (I have a long trunk (apparently), a hollow back and I'm a low down bum))......short legs...rock it and roll with it...

lina

Practically Family
Spent the last few weeks searching high and low for a new “proper” riding jacket. I’m usually not the type to brand match a jacket to the bike I’m riding, but I landed on this Braddan Air Race jacket from Triumph. I’m pretty impressed with it. Full suite of D30 armor in elbows, shoulder, and spine. Antique brass Talon zips all around. Perf leather moves some air. The jacket keeps a nice slim profile with the armor, and I don’t feel like a moto gp racer or a football player like some of my previous bike jackets.
I know what you mean about brand matching, but that Triumph lettering looks nice on the front, as do the stripes on the sleeve. Nice mix of classic looks and modern protection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails