Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wore this Wool to local Symphony. Many compliments. Dates 1941
VideoCapture_20230911-131811_resized.jpg
VideoCapture_20230911-131855.jpg
VideoCapture_20230911-131800.jpg
VideoCapture_20230911-131736.jpg
VideoCapture_20230909-191535.jpg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Haven't posted in a while now. Forum has been very slow to load for me in the past weeks. Some days I haven't been able to access it on mobile at all and I mainly come here on mobile device. Anyone else having issues with that?

Wearing my Vanson C2 today.

View attachment 545716

Numerous users have been having issues for quite some time now, and have expressed so across a dozen or so different threads. Someone recently created a specific thread in the Hats sub-forum. In my response I tagged several Bartenders, including Founder MK. He responded that management is aware and working through the issues. (Head) Bartenders Nathan Flowers, scotrace, and Edward also responded in kind.

It seemed as though things had been fixed in the last 24 hours or so, but I'm still having issues today albeit not as bad as it has been. So hopefully we're trending in the right direction at least.

Great Vanson, BTW!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Y’2 type 2. It’s nice. Fits decent. I think I might finally have the suede trucker I always wanted but then stopped wanting. And somehow starting wanting again.
View attachment 545803 View attachment 545804
It’s nicely detailed. I do wish the collar were much more broad.

I can already hear the wishy-washiness. Someone will be getting their Christmas gift early this year a la the Classifieds.

I can already hear the wishy-washiness. Someone will be getting their Christmas gift early this year a la the Classifieds.
Too soon! LOL. It’s a nice jacket and I do like it. It suffers from what all Japanese jackets suffer from…no tailoring. They just don’t do it right. If I’ve learned one thing (from the wool westerns really) it’s that tailoring, above pattern and all else, is absolutely king. The subtle nuance of fine tailoring is all there is.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening i washed it in hot water, and hang it to drip, i think the triangular sleeve hem helps the water to concentrate on that point and drip out of the fabrics faster, this morning I woke up to 80% dry jacket and i wear it to do my morning walk and grocery shopping,
Screenshot_20230913_064854_Gallery.jpg
here is pre and post hot water treatment pic
Screenshot_20230913_063048_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230913_062810_Gallery.jpg
Nice wrinkling and puckering all around and also getting rid of vertical press line along the sleeve, only a cheap replica but I'm totally happy with.

Looks like a type 3 to me?
Indeed it is! Mixed up my fonts:p
I also think I rushed judgement a bit. The jacket is really nice and the fit is good. Marc reminded me that not all jackets need a shirt fit!
That said I did expect the body to be tailored a bit more like this:
IMG_0953.jpeg

But I suppose as it stands I’m just wallowing in minutiae.
IMG_0951.jpeg

If and when the site becomes more usable I will add my thoughts in the y’2 thread.

How you do this Tony?
My iPhone is almost 10 years old and probably needs to take a dump!
B
If you have an iphone go into the safari app>advanced>website data and swipe delete the fedora lounge. It seemed to help me the other day but since I'm not sure it actually helps or not. The site def has issues.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
If you have an iphone go into the safari app>advanced>website data and swipe delete the fedora lounge. It seemed to help me the other day but since I'm not sure it actually helps or not. The site def has issues.
Thanks man!!
Aren’t you a school teacher??
You using your cell during class??
Gooood boy!!
B
Ps: the Y’2 Type X looks great!
Enjoy your time with her. (no jokes from me about her tenure)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Indeed it is! Mixed up my fonts:p
I also think I rushed judgement a bit. The jacket is really nice and the fit is good. Marc reminded me that not all jackets need a shirt fit!
That said I did expect the body to be tailored a bit more like this:
View attachment 545891
But I suppose as it stands I’m just wallowing in minutiae.
View attachment 545892
If and when the site becomes more usable I will add my thoughts in the y’2 thread.
I took in the waist of my type 3 like this Screenshot_20230914_081715_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230914_081825_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230914_081847_Gallery.jpg
Only visible very little on the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou