Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Had to post this Twinning jacket with the collar set free after it's wash treatment. Sadly, the mildew smell is just as strong as it was (hence the slight grimace with it on). As @ton312 indicated, we just had ~ 13-15" of snow here in Eastern Iowa, now the winds have picked up and we'll be -7F (-21.6C) Saturday into Sunday then -13 (-25C) Sunday into Monday and it's due to hold around those nightly temps most of the week. Should help freeze out some bugs, germs, etc.

DSC_0163.JPG

But leather may not be in the plan for the next 7-10 days without some serious layers under it.

1705118402717.png

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
First time out for the WWII Naval Clothing Depot 10 button pea. These things are absolute monsters. Every man, woman and child should have one. Kersey wool is practically waterproof and the warmest I’ve ever worn.
View attachment 579526 View attachment 579527

Agreed. When it gets cold, and I don’t feel like the certain vibe of my B3, my kersey Peacoat is the only solution. Not least because it has room for some solid wool u der it too.

Not as great of photo here but it was a good morning for a Langlitz with layers underneath -- for a few minutes.
Now all Carhartt upper & lower and more snow coming in, along with more wind. 14"+ in the past 24 hours so the snowblower has had it's work cut out for it. Thankful to have one.

View attachment 579921
Damn!! We had about 3” fall yesterday morning, then it rained all day and melted down most. Just a dusting overnight in the city, far worse west in the burbs. Looks like you got it good Randy! That’s a proper snowfall.

bolted

New in Town
Considering dollars, that might be a different currency above.:oops:

Oddly enough MBenz used to include the equivalent of throwaway leathers* with their spare tires in their 50s/60s autos trunks.
It’s still my go-to. I believe it’s a no name Nubuck considered trunk coat. Exceptionally warm.

View attachment 579963
Can someone please explain to me, why this jacket costs so much? Or, maybe it's a type-o??

Because that's Visvim. Like Enfants Riches Deprimes or Vetements, Visvim clothes costs a lot. Except that Visvim doesn't grow or evolve.

They do make high quality leather jackets. not $13K quality, though. Not $800 but then again, nobody on the planet does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy