Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

@ Ton, what a cool jacket!
This is a 50’s Windward Half Belt ?
Looks top notch and warm, any special lining?

Roman
It is indeed. The jacket was originally lined in shearling but that was falling apart, I had it relined in a nice brown nylon quilt.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Congrats! Great post and you definitely lucked out.

Also, I may be the only person to say this, but thanks for the elevator pics. My boy is fascinated with them. Makes me go into most every building so he can take pics and videos. He will appreciate these in the AM. He knows too much about elevators.
Good on your son, apparently there's already a huge shortage of elevator techs, if he decides to go that route he will be a busy man and a huge service:)

Good on your son, apparently there's already a huge shortage of elevator techs, if he decides to go that route he will be a busy man and a huge service:)

No kidding? Cool. I’ll let him know. He is crazy good at figuring out how things work and spends a lot of time engaged in circuits, putting things together, etc.

Just a few days ago a bunch of exterior outlets stopped working at the house. I checked breakers, outlets etc. and couldn’t get them to work. He quietly without telling anyone spent around 15 minutes effing with the breakers and some wiring- all good now. I don’t know what he did and I’m not sure he did either, but it saved about $1,000 in frozen meats I have stashed in the garage. He is 8.

jr30

Familiar Face
It is indeed. The jacket was originally lined in shearling but that was falling apart, I had it relined in a nice brown nylon quilt.
Thank you for getting back!

This looks absolutely amazing on you!!! Can you buy Windward new or is it a vintage brand? I saw Aero sells a model with the same name, but the jacket looks completely different. Misleading.

Or can you recommend a comparable model similar to yours? I'm still looking for a great leather jacket for the winter, but definitely not something made with 'shearling lining' and prefer smooth, indestructible leather like yours?
Thank you!
Roman

Thank you for getting back!

This looks absolutely amazing on you!!! Can you buy Windward new or is it a vintage brand? I saw Aero sells a model with the same name, but the jacket looks completely different. Misleading.

Or can you recommend a comparable model similar to yours? I'm still looking for a great leather jacket for the winter, but definitely not something made with 'shearling lining' and prefer smooth, indestructible leather like yours?
Thank you!
Roman
The Windward label died a long time ago (as did the store (Montgomery Wards) that carried the label. Aero has a similar model in the halfbelt deluxe!

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
No kidding? Cool. I’ll let him know. He is crazy good at figuring out how things work and spends a lot of time engaged in circuits, putting things together, etc.

Just a few days ago a bunch of exterior outlets stopped working at the house. I checked breakers, outlets etc. and couldn’t get them to work. He quietly without telling anyone spent around 15 minutes effing with the breakers and some wiring- all good now. I don’t know what he did and I’m not sure he did either, but it saved about $1,000 in frozen meats I have stashed in the garage. He is 8.
He sounds like a natural engineer. It's good to hear you are encouraging him. We need those guys. The elevator at the hospital I work at was down for three weeks because no one was available to figure out what was wrong. They had to fly a guy in front across the country.

jr30

Familiar Face
The Windward label died a long time ago (as did the store (Montgomery Wards) that carried the label. Aero has a similar model in the halfbelt deluxe!
I understand, sad that brand and store has disappeared. Anyway, thank you very much for the tip about the Aero HB Deluxe. Aero is hard to find in my area to try on. Will see. Keep your jacket - it looks awesome.

He sounds like a natural engineer. It's good to hear you are encouraging him. We need those guys. The elevator at the hospital I work at was down for three weeks because no one was available to figure out what was wrong. They had to fly a guy in front across the country.

He wants to fly to the OTIS center in Florence SC. Too bad it isn’t in Vegas. Thanks for the kind words.

Yamahana

One Too Many
Congrats! Great post and you definitely lucked out.

Also, I may be the only person to say this, but thanks for the elevator pics. My boy is fascinated with them. Makes me go into most every building so he can take pics and videos. He will appreciate these in the AM. He knows too much about elevators.
He sounds sharp. I have daughter in Prescott so next time we visit I’m gonna take a video for him. I almost did this time. You can only ride it with the Hotel Operator running it. It’s pretty dang cool.

He sounds sharp. I have daughter in Prescott so next time we visit I’m gonna take a video for him. I almost did this time. You can only ride it with the Hotel Operator running it. It’s pretty dang cool.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I told him this AM that I had some pictures of an elevator from 1920s he said “I bet it’s an Otis”. Then “yep, that’s the Otis I was thinking”. Not sure if he is yanking my chain. He does do a lot of research lol. He was psyched and said thanks for the pictures. Added them to his archive in the computer.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Not to beat a dead horse, but I told him this AM that I had some pictures of an elevator from 1920s he said “I bet it’s an Otis”. Then “yep, that’s the Otis I was thinking”. Not sure if he is yanking my chain. He does do a lot of research lol. He was psyched and said thanks for the pictures. Added them to his archive in the computer.
Before you know it he'll install elevators in your house. ;) I think it's super-cool. We need kids who are interested in STEM subjects.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Kuppenheimer Hollywood jacket for a night out anniversary dinner. My wife humors me and allows me to wear my vintage threads even tho she’s not a fan.
View attachment 585089 View attachment 585090 View attachment 585091
Also a quick quiet weekend getaway to Prescott AZ for a stay in the Hassayampa Inn built in 1927. Fantastic building restored to its glory days and in all its furnishings and trimmings.
View attachment 585092 View attachment 585093
Original elevator still in operation from 1927.
View attachment 585094 View attachment 585095
45 short years ago today.
View attachment 585096
Most our friends and family said it’ll never last. Fortunately the young outlaw cowboy in the pic quickly realized he had lucked out and married way above his level so grew up, manned up and settled down. So far so good.:cool:
Might be the best post we'll see in 2024! Thank you so much for sharing. This is what makes this place special:)

Yamahana

One Too Many
Wow! That’s amazing it is an Otis! But I totally get it. I have a grandson same age he can tell you the name and function of every kind of heavy equipment and tractor. I thought I knew em all but he schooled me.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I'm wearing the woolrich 503 that I just received on Saturday.

20240129_081814.jpg

20240129_081817.jpg

I just love how stout and warm this wool is, I have no doubts it'll keep the wind out fairly well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic