Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

I think it's cherry but I bought it second hand and haven't handled cordovan before. It is a very red oil pull horsehide.
I damn near went cherry on my latest order. I chickened out and went with brown CXL steer. I'd love to see some full sun close ups. I think it's cherry too. Has a beautiful mahogany tone to it.

Edward Reed

A-List Customer
Low 70s.... a tad too warm yet for leather but the humidity is down so I wore my latest acquisition which just arrived today. The Eastman Leather Co. Rough Wear 42-1401P. Or, as I have named it, The Jimmy Stewart. :D
IMG_7926.JPG

Next time I wear it I'll try to get some closeup shots of the color.
I'd appreciate that. The sample I got from TB of the cherry was just gorgeous. I just got cold feet at the last second and there's simply not enough pics of it to be had. Couldn't commit. Fear of the unknown.

It looks like cordovan to me. The shade or highlights can appear different with incoming batches of hides. Cherry hides tend to look pinkish in wear spots and creases after awhile. Cordovan can look lighter in wear spots but tends to still retain a brownish red fading to simply a lighter hue, IMO.
HD

It looks like cordovan to me. The shade or highlights can appear different with incoming batches of hides. Cherry hides tend to look pinkish in wear spots and creases after awhile. Cordovan can look lighter in wear spots but tends to still retain a brownish red fading to simply a lighter hue, IMO.
HD
That's precisely what worried me HD. If it went light with wear, would it go pink? The sample was mainly very dark reddish brown but the Internet showed otherwise, couldn't find a jacket that looked like the sample. Figured I can't go wrong with brown CXL...I am curious about Cherry. Just haven't seen enough of it.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
IMG_2703.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

image.jpg

My remade Langlitz Cascade with straight zip. I posted the first jacket here when it arrived about a month ago. It was perfect in every respect except it was too tight in the stomach and the waist. After a couple phone calls and emails back and forth John at Langlitz agreed to take another crack at it.
The new jacket arrived last week and it is absolutely perfect. The fit is still nice and trim without being too tight anywhere. The jacket is made with their medium weight cowhide and it is breaking in nicely. When it arrived it felt like a straitjacket and now it is beginning to soften up a bit.
For anyone who is thinking of ordering a Langlitz, I can't say enough about how wonderful they are to deal with and how seriously they are committed to making sure you are happy with your jacket.

View attachment 88074
View attachment 88076
View attachment 88075
My remade Langlitz Cascade with straight zip. I posted the first jacket here when it arrived about a month ago. It was perfect in every respect except it was too tight in the stomach and the waist. After a couple phone calls and emails back and forth John at Langlitz agreed to take another crack at it.
The new jacket arrived last week and it is absolutely perfect. The fit is still nice and trim without being too tight anywhere. The jacket is made with their medium weight cowhide and it is breaking in nicely. When it arrived it felt like a straitjacket and now it is beginning to soften up a bit.
For anyone who is thinking of ordering a Langlitz, I can't say enough about how wonderful they are to deal with and how seriously they are committed to making sure you are happy with your jacket.

This is SO cool!

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
View attachment 88074
View attachment 88076
View attachment 88075

That’s what I’m talkin’bout!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HD
It might be. The color that rubbed off when it was newer was very pink. If I wore a white T-shirt under it the collar would come away stained pink. The color is red with a bit if purple to it and not a lot of brown which is why I've been thinking it might be cherry.

Reactions: A-1

Gamma68

One Too Many
View attachment 88013 My wife and I signed up for a historical H.P. Lovecraft walking tour around Brooklyn to visit HPL's "old haunts". I wore my US Authentic G-8 Raider jacket (and brought my trusty Mk VII "Indy" bag).

That's awesome, Thor. I was in Providence, R.I. in August 2016 and did a self-guided Lovecraft tour. It was fun but arduous hiking steep streets in 90-degree heat. No jacket needed that day!

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
I'd appreciate that. The sample I got from TB of the cherry was just gorgeous. I just got cold feet at the last second and there's simply not enough pics of it to be had. Couldn't commit. Fear of the unknown.
Don't know if these help.Some pictures of a cherry King Of The Road.Such a rare combination!

Attachments

• $_57cerise.jpeg
    $_57cerise.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 195
  • $_57 (64).jpeg
    $_57 (64).jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 209
  • $_57 (65).jpeg
    $_57 (65).jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 193
  • $_57 (66).jpeg
    $_57 (66).jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 189
  • $_57 (67).jpeg
    $_57 (67).jpeg
    384 KB · Views: 191
  • $_57 (68).jpeg
    $_57 (68).jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 196
  • $_57 (69).jpeg
    $_57 (69).jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 195
Don't know if these help.Some pictures of a cherry King Of The Road.Such a rare combination!
Oh man that's just beautiful!!! Looks like it's darker in wear spots than lighter. Gorgeous!!!!
Spec'd my recent order with the same interior. Brown cord in the body and brown Drill in the sleeves!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn