Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that Herc is nice! You can probably lose the lower straps though. They are really only meant to have the waist-level ones unless you live in Chicago. ;)
handymike
I have been thinking about your suggestion to loose the lower straps. I think you are right. It changes the lines of the jacket. However, if I take them off won't it leave exposed holes in the leather from the stitching?

thor

Call Me a Cab
FullSizeRender.jpg
Rain, fog, and just an all around nasty day out in the harbor; good day for a G-1!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Just wore my 1960s Brooks Cafe Racer to the alterations store on the corner to pick up my Himel Heron that needed a few buttons sewed back on. Was going to swap out the Brooks to have the lining repaired. Didn't realize they are closed on Mondays, so I went grocery shopping instead. Got more compliments on the Brooks, than on a jacket that cost me 10 times more. Go figure.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Just wore my 1960s Brooks Cafe Racer to the alterations store on the corner to pick up my Himel Heron that needed a few buttons sewed back on. Was going to swap out the Brooks to have the lining repaired. Didn't realize they are closed on Mondays, so I went grocery shopping instead. Got more compliments on the Brooks, than on a jacket that cost me 10 times more. Go figure.
Thanks tmitchel59 for the tip in which Brooks to buy. I think I like beaters better then bespoke or authentic reproduction. I guess I am low rent.

A-1

One Too Many

It’s funny right?! I get most compliments for the 60s college jacket from the most diverse audience. From kids the grown-ups, everyone seems to like this jacket, and every time I wear it somebody says something positive about it. It’s incredible.
The Thedi or the DD rarely get complimented but that’s fine as they get a lot of love here. Haha.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Probably going to retire soon to Santa Fe NM. Its at 7, 500 ft. up in the Sangre de Cristo mountains. It gets cold. Thats the only reason I bought it. Plus, got a great deal on a brand new jacket.
The leather on this jacket seems new. Probably going to have the lower cinches removed that the original owner put on. Wore it to bed last night woke up and the zipper bottom that feed into the slider was broken. I guess I will have to replace the zipper too. Lewis Leather?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn