Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Stand By

One Too Many
Great photo... I've spent many a night / weekend / week as my wife's guest at her pharma industry meetings and conferences and I have no complaints as to the level of comfort that supplies.

Thanks!
And amen! Utah is the most beautiful state I've ever been to in the US and the level of ease and comfort at the hotels (one being The Montage. 8300 ft up!) is off the chart and is beyond anything I've ever experienced - it's almost unsettling as it really isn't me. The fact that my girlfriend's boss/company pays for me to come along (and all the other partners/spouses or a friend) is astonishing to me in its generosity and I'm immensely grateful; especially as I get/expect the complete other end of the spectrum here at my work. So it's not lost on me at all.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks.

This was made as a prototype by Diamond Dave I believe. He then sold it as a one off on ebay and it passed through the hands of a couple of loungers before I picked it up on the classifieds.

Peacoat

Bartender
It has warmed up a bit here, high of 42 with rain, so out comes the Sheene. It does well in temps in the high 30s to low 50s. Also does well in the rain. Or maybe it will be the ELC Luftwaffe? Same characteristics as the Sheene. Or maybe a G-1? So many jackets, so little time.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I'm not an A-2 guy who can spot all the subtle differences, but do notice the flaps on your pockets. What contract is that?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm no expert either. This is what the tag inside says:
uiyY396l.jpg

Technonut

Practically Family
Wearing a Good Wear Perry Sportswear this morning.. :) This is made from JC's much coveted Indian goatskin. The hide is incredible... Sturdy, grainy, crusty, goat, which is a dead-ringer for many wartime goatskin A-2's :cool:

JC describes the Perry 'as also roomy in the shoulders and sleeve tops, more like a modern jacket', and I must agree. This is one of the most comfortable A-2's I've had the pleasure of owning. :)

IMG_2806.JPG

EDIT: For those who aren't acquainted with the Indian goat used (no longer available AFAIK), here is a pic showing it, and the unique 3-piece inner windflap found on some Perry's. EDIT: Superfluous is correct in the post below.. GW still has the Indian goat availble. :) I thought I read somewhere in my travels that it wasn't.

wind_flap.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters