What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. trialsallday

trialsallday One of the Regulars

Eastman b-3 Perry Sportswear mixed batch

Attached Files:

mr_lits, Art121, Dav and 4 others like this.
  2. Monitor

Monitor

Everything looks super cool but while I'm sure those pants are very comfortable, aren't they a little too... grandpa?

A-1 likes this.
  3. trialsallday

trialsallday One of the Regulars

Nice ! I like the landcruiser ! Own one myself

A-1 likes this.
  4. A-1

A-1 One Too Many

Noooooo. They’re great! Michael really got me started on vintage pants. It’s such a beautiful rabbit hole... you can find extraordinarily well-made stuff that is so much better made than everything you can buy new today, for a bargain. These for example are from 1966 Danish army I think. I bought them for 5€. They are NOS, so never been worn and yeah, incredibly comfy.
    I love them old things Mon! Love‘em!!!

Edward, torfjord, El Marro and 3 others like this.
  5. thor

thor One Too Many

Watch out for those Wampa beasts hanging out around Echo Base! :p

ton312 likes this.
  6. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

Thanks Fabio. It's a great jacket for moderate winter conditions.

Thanks,
    Michael

7. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm with A-1 on this. Once you start wearing the roomier, higher-waisted pants your old tighter pants seem completely ridiculous. I have a couple of pairs of 'straight' jeans that I still wear, but mostly it's the baggies. I didn't even notice he was wearing them.

willyto, torfjord, A-1 and 4 others like this.
  8. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

HMMMM. Real late comeback, with no disrespect intended. But, don't forget how those Black Men were treated when they came home!

Peace.

9. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Greetings Ton et al:
    Nothing like a snowball fight to bring out the killer instinct. Tough one to let the youngsters win. Good looking battle attire!!
    Be well. Bowen

ton312 likes this.
  10. christian-h

christian-h Familiar Face

Count me in! Once you let those cannons loose - there’s no turning back.

This however leaves you a bit restricted bying new trousers these days. But time is changning, so is the slim fit era (I hope).

Here’s my favourite chino:

Deadstock 50’s French Legion Chinos, from Broadway and Sons. Cool vintage shop in Gothenburg, Sweden.

CC01F9D7-A573-4439-9D26-D97B988B802D.jpeg

https://www.broadwayandsons.com/product-page/dyed-french-legion-chinos

Nice cloth and becomes even bryter after a few washes. And the price... 89 euro. Pretty fair.

Sorry for going off topic. Here’s a crappy photo of my pair and my jacket of today

30E83F8F-3971-4D52-BD64-60B56607D62F.jpeg

11. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Greetings all:
    Late entry.
    Well stated Casechopper. Bravo
    Be well. Bowen

12. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Man I'd kill for a "Gomer Pyle" winter cap!

Worf

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  13. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Today was the culmination of something that I had been working on for the last couple months. Last year my friend Hugo told me that he wanted to get a brown leather jacket. He has admired my collection of jackets for awhile now, but he is far too disciplined and practical to ever spend the kind of money I do on these things. He told me that his budget was around $500.00 tops. Fortunately, Hugo wears a size 40 so I knew that the used market would have some options for us to choose from.
    With those parameters in mind I set off on a mission. The jacket I had in mind was an Aero in brown CXL. I wanted a Highwayman or a 30s halfbelt since I figured they were both timeless styles that would look great with almost any outfit.
    Last week the jacket we had been waiting for appeared on eBay. All of the measurements were spot on, and the price was right.
    So with no further ado, here is my friend Hugo in his new Aero Highwayman:
    IMG_5124.JPG

14. 392hiram

392hiram New in Town

Like this one so much better than it's replacement.

15. G'c

G'c Familiar Face

I think A-1 you just know how to pull these pants off. For me, I readily admit that I used to have a slim/tight pants phase. I only gradually moved on to more tapered/straight tapered pants after liking more classic "style" instead of "fashion" clothing. I have tried hard to have some traditional baggy pants but I just can't pull it off yet lol. This especially cause me trouble since I loveeeeee (and now have an obsession) with pants that have back cinch buckle... which means that most of those pants are usually loose/straight to be authentic. I now try to get pants that have cinch back but with a tapered look, which is quite difficult for me to find apparently ....

Mich486 and A-1 like this.
  16. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

El Marro, excellent job on the company, the style and most of all, the hide. Not to mention the fit. You did well.

galvestonokie and El Marro like this.
  17. Marv

Marv A-List Customer

Today I am wearing the Wested Skyfall jacket in a seal brown Italian Rosetta hide.

18. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

I started to make a transition to high waisted and roomier pants about two years ago, and for me there’s no looking back. Imo it’s both comfortable, stylish and goes really well with the type of jackets that we like around these parts ;)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat, Michael A and A-1 like this.
  19. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Well done, it looks good on him!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

El Marro likes this.
  20. Art121

Art121 Familiar Face

Figured in warranted the ALC today with a hoodie underneath.... I Ho I Ho it’s off to .......

Attached Files:

Michael A likes this.