Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Fonzie

One Too Many
5a3c636e88176893f0c89018a7593162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eastman "Slender" A-2, easiest wearing jacket I own, more like a windbreaker but such a nice leather.
The panels are mismatched, some with much more grain than others but it gives the jacket more character and personality.
If I can keep slim enough to fit in it, this one will stay with me for the long run.

I’m jealous you are actually getting some jacket wearing leather over there! Still too hot in Sydney [emoji30]

View attachment 112817 View attachment 112818 View attachment 112819 View attachment 112820
Perspectives and musings on an Aero horsehide jacket. With the type of aging on this leather it has to be from the 80's. The previous owner must have stood in the rain for the type of cracking on the shoulders and collar it shows. One day, maybe, I'll send her to Aero to have the back yoke and front collar panels replaced with tumbled seal or some such for a two tone look. I do love this jacket.
Beautiful jacket! And worn very well by you CC. Looks great.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

dannyk

One Too Many
New arrival from Austin, Texas. Vanson Civil Flight Jacket in dark brown competition weight cowhide. Thank you, @Fjn356 ! View attachment 112914
Having never seen the Vanson Brown comp. weight in person I wish the color itself photographed better. I’ve seen forum members, Vanson shots, and Thurston pics and based on how much people love it I feel like it doesn’t photograph as well as it truly looks in person.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Having never seen the Vanson Brown comp. weight in person I wish the color itself photographed better. I’ve seen forum members, Vanson shots, and Thurston pics and based on how much people love it I feel like it doesn’t photograph as well as it truly looks in person.

I tried to take pictures of the jacket with my phone and indeed I wasn't able to capture the actual color, regardless of numerous attempts in different light. This particular leather is different to the other brown comp weight i have seen though, either way. In fact I suspect it may be horsehide, because the grain is so very un-cow-ish and the color and finish much more like Horween's CLX than vansons typical comp weight cowhide. It certainly is very different to any brown vanson cowhide jacket, especially the new stuff they now use for Thurston.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm sorry but I just find some photos in this thread kind of comical. Anyone else? I suppose I am the only one who sees the humor, but it is good to laugh even if sometimes it's at yourself. :D:p

Its a bunch of guys posting pictures of themselves wearing usually ridiculously expensive leather jackets...and its not even a leather fetish gay site.....is it supposed to be taken seriously?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters