1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. bobm

bobm A-List Customer

Well, it's not a jacket, but a heavy and warm Canadian made wool sweater. Just may put in the classifieds.

upload_2018-11-25_16-36-55.jpeg

Van88, Dav, johnnycanuck and 6 others like this.
  2. bobm

bobm A-List Customer

Nice job on the other side of the sweater....

upload_2018-11-25_16-57-40.jpeg

3. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Bob nice wool and hat too.
    Put that Filson back in the classifieds and see how long it lasts!! Ha
    B

LeFonque likes this.
  4. bobm

bobm A-List Customer

Thanks. Sometimes I have to do a reality check on what I am selling - that Filson is too dear to sell. Glad I did not get buyers on it.

LeFonque and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  5. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Damnit, that's a sweet jacket.

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  6. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Very nice jacket, extremely nice boots.

LeFonque likes this.
  7. Psant25

Psant25 One of the Regulars

awesome fit ! was that custom to get the metal zipper box? and did you wear the same size as your model b ? i had a few model b jackets over the years. really agree with you on length. seemed like that was always choking me out sitting.

8. Bfd70

Bfd70 Practically Family

Was not custom, not sure how i lucked out on that.
    Yes they are the same size, but the measurements for the c2 are different. Shorter jacket by a few inches.

Psant25 likes this.
  9. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

Emerging from the shadows in a 1950s Rich-Sher FQHH jacket:
    2C996D33-A473-4D27-920D-CB1BC2A30168.jpeg

Attached Files:

10. Bigbenbs

Bigbenbs A-List Customer

I ended up returning the boots. I find myself struggling to love black leather boots in general. Don't know why, but my eye always prefers some version of brown.

11. LeFonque

LeFonque One of the Regulars

My daughter cannot wait until she gets her hands on my jacket stash.

ProteinNerd and ton312 like this.
  12. red devil

red devil One Too Many

What is there to be careful about? I don't think I am the the only one who want to see @ton312 rocking red leather jackets! :D

13. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Deep black cotton/poly winterjacket. Germany is under fog and drizzle and the lightly water-repellent Gabardine-shell was very welcome, today, when I was underways by feet in the next bigger city to get new four of my beloved storebrand (thermo)flannel shirts. :D

Wallman and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  14. kowalski

kowalski Practically Family

A2 today

Attached Files:

15. Technonut

Technonut Practically Family

I've been struggling to find a decent day with good lighting since this jacket arrived, but I am wearing it today, and just grabbed the best pics I could.

This jacket was made by the J.A. Dubow MFG Company out of Greece. Many who have been here for awhile may know of the owner, Platon, who was quite controversial and passionate regarding the period detailing of jackets.. to the point of being combative, and ultimately banned. Platon worked with Bill Kelso for a number of years, and gained valuable experience in patterning, manufacturing, and the business-end of selling repro A-2 and other period jackets.

From what I gather, Platon and BK parted ways, and the J.A. Dubow MFG. Company came to be.

https://jadubowmfg.com/a-2-jackets/

I am TOTALLY pleased with this Dubow. The Italian seal HH used is excellent. It is a bit stiff, but is breaking-in and shaping to my body nicely. The stitching and construction is top-shelf, and compares favorably to Good Wear, Aero, Eastman, etc. jackets that I own / have owned. The fit is EXACTLY as I would have requested if purchased custom in the shoulders, chest, and sleeve / back lengths. The Dubow 27798 pattern this jacket is based upon was well-represented from originals in Platon's possession IMO, ESPECIALLY for the price. I am particularly pleased with how the collar turned-out.. VERY 'Dubow'ish'.. :cool: If I had to nit-pick, the forearms could use a bit more taper, but do match-up to pics of originals I've seen, and some that John Chapman of Good Wear Leather has made.

DSCF0657.JPG DSCF0655.JPG DSCF0658.JPG DSCF0661.JPG DSCF0656.JPG

DSCF0638.JPG

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  16. Wallman

Wallman New in Town

No leather jacket for me, winter has taken Sweden in its cold embrace..
    But my Half Belt Deluxe was looking lonely on the shelf, so I took it down to keep it company for a while (as you do..)
    file-17.jpeg

17. AbbaDatDeHat

F30290B4-70EB-447D-8CD8-9791205C6AF8.jpeg ABF3BC11-80AB-40AA-BE64-B2EB4BB978B8.jpeg 29802E33-8821-42B3-87CC-DC2FA6A12DED.jpeg Greetings All:
    Today...another day with the Aged Steer. Still lovin the color. Thanks Robert and Ton.
    Be well. Bowen

18. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. AbbaDatDeHat

Hh:
    The back’s starting to breakout nicely.

JMax and Hh121 like this.
  20. AbbaDatDeHat

Thank you Monitor.
    The jacket does have an unusual finish to it. Kind of a frosty suede-like nap. Not sure how to describe it. It’s pretty substantial too!

dannyk likes this.