Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hh121

Banned
I swear this is a work of art.

Right shoulder epaulet is lower than left one, the kidney panel is asymmetrical.
It is far from perfect as there is no perfect jacket. But the hide of LW (I am talking about 4oz plus of course) is what makes it so special, combine with the aesthetic pattern and design.

I am glad I sold my other jackets which I considering not on the same level of LW, and I will have more chance to wear it.

dannyk

One Too Many
Nothing like LW HH. I would move one to the top of your "future purchase" queue. Unless you already have one of course haha.
My future purchase queue is LW J-23 and Aero D-1 redskin. Neither are cheap. Some Aeros come up for sale on EBay or Grailed. But the LW J-23 almost never does. Only on here from time to time and never my size.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aero Russet Jerky 1711,
5523eeda7f9dca226d2e26ff49d77c5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
If Santa ever considers selling this jacket, I hope he considers reaching out to a certain Elf on the Shelf in Fort Lauderdale.

There is one on Etsy that is too small for me.

I saw one on yahoo japan, but can't find it now. I will let you know if it shows up again. Santa doesn't like to disappoint.

View attachment 147104 View attachment 147105
Hey ton and @Guppy heres something to consider. I saw your post about which hat to pick. I don’t have a ton of leather shops in my hometown but I do have several vintage and made to order hat shops in the area. So I do have several “high quality” newsboy, panel, and fedoras. But I always tell people who are just getting into hats or are in a budget. Check Kohls of all places! I had a 20 gift card from a family member and picked this up for 20 dollars and I wear it more often than any of my nice ones.

I like this style best, more duckbill.

View attachment 147184

Shot of the Chopper’s backside to go with the countless frontside shots.

Man, that jacket has some very nice well constructed and elaborate features. You should put front and back photos together in a thread. If you have already, I somehow must have missed them.

I certainly don't put Vanson in an inferior category, but value how they are constructed more specifically for the MC rider compared to some other MC appearing jackets that really are not, although custom or long sizing is limited. I have a Vanson that is my main riding jacket that some how fits my long arms where some other Vanson styles were a bit too short for my style of riding.
HD

dannyk

One Too Many
Man, that jacket has some very nice well constructed and elaborate features. You should put front and back photos together in a thread. If you have already, I somehow must have missed them.

I certainly don't put Vanson in an inferior category, but value how they are constructed more specifically for the MC rider compared to some other MC appearing jackets that really are not, although custom or long sizing is limited. I have a Vanson that is my main riding jacket that some how fits my long arms where some other Vanson styles were a bit too short for my style of riding.
HD
There are high end makers who happen to make motorcycle jackets...then there’s Vanson. They may not be as pretty or use the sexiest hides. But strictly for biker gear Vanson definitely know what they are doing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum