Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A bit of early morning sunshine on the S.F.A.D. B-3
View attachment 153729

Dav, I need your advice on Aero HB style jackets. I have a Hercules with the piping on the front, replica of the Campus jackets. In size 42, it fits, although a little tight at the upper chest when zipper. For their below the belt length jackets, should the upper chest NOT feel tight? My fear is if the upper chest is relaxed then the mid section and hem will be too baggy (as their pattern is not tapered). Whatever Aero model you wear they always look perfect so what’s your secret? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dav

One Too Many
Dav, I need your advice on Aero HB style jackets. I have a Hercules with the piping on the front, replica of the Campus jackets. In size 42, it fits, although a little tight at the upper chest when zipper. For their below the belt length jackets, should the upper chest NOT feel tight? My fear is if the upper chest is relaxed then the mid section and hem will be too baggy (as their pattern is not tapered). Whatever Aero model you wear they always look perfect so what’s your secret? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well to be honest since losing a bit of weight all of mine are a bit loose in the chest department, not getting rid of any though. I have just under a 42" chest and have stuck with that size from Aero, apart from the Cheyenne which is a 40, so i suppose that's my secret, don't wear them too tight and don't size down, at least that's what seems to work for me.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
It was a mistake. Today she nonchalantly asked how many I had. My spidey-senses went into overdrive. “Huh, you pretty much saw them all”, then “didn’t you want to go to Nordstrom?”
Spidey-senses....hilarious!!
Excellent recovery line. Should work for a few jackets!
B

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It was a mistake. Today she nonchalantly asked how many I had. My spidey-senses went into overdrive. “Huh, you pretty much saw them all”, then “didn’t you want to go to Nordstrom?”

6010aa58ca1f47e554285ea7ec7c8bc0.gif

thor

Call Me a Cab
AC9A2E77-01E9-49FF-A14C-4AFC9248EBA7.jpeg
BEF411B6-B145-4BF6-8A70-1F1D889933F8.jpeg

Working on breaking in the thick russet horsehide on my G-8. The creases and wrinkles are starting to pop. I wore this jacket all weekend, from a Broadway show in the City to downtown Chinatown; from Home Depot to the supermarket; from walking the dogs to the local movie theater. The G-8 front pockets are larger than those on an A-2 and my iPhone 8 Plus and my oversized wallet fit comfortably inside.
Jacket is looking better and better each time I wear it.

Hh121

Banned
View attachment 153821 View attachment 153820
Working on breaking in the thick russet horsehide on my G-8. The creases and wrinkles are starting to pop. I wore this jacket all weekend, from a Broadway show in the City to downtown Chinatown; from Home Depot to the supermarket; from walking the dogs to the local movie theater. The G-8 front pockets are larger than those on an A-2 and my iPhone 8 Plus and my oversized wallet fit comfortably inside.
Looking great! Is it US Authentic?

Dav

One Too Many
They bend just like any belt would on all three of my B-3s. They feel the same thickness as the collar straps, well on my Eastmans they do, can't speak for other manufacturers.

Teledan

New in Town
View attachment 153821 View attachment 153820

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass