Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hh121

Banned
403f16e1c39d4469b0ad7103f241b488.jpg

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Wow! It’s exactly how it should look! How’s the length for this one? How do you like the Z leather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Z leather's great, it's heavier than firenze but not quite as heavy as comp weight, and I think it looks better than the new comp weight Vanson offer. The length's fine as well, I'd prefer an extra inch or so but I reckon this is still alright. The sleeves are a bit long but I'm not going to have them shortened in case I flip this one in a few months, which judging from past experience I'm likely to do. I have a Vanson Chopper due this week as well that I got a good price for on ebay, also in Z150 leather, I'm really looking forward to that one. After that I'm officially retired.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Pour yourself a Tom Collins and meet me on the lido deck, we’ve got shuffleboard before supper.
View attachment 154761
I might have a chance to save some money if I stop buying jackets for a while. I think we’re all addicted to the dopamine rush you get when you buy something new.

Man I can’t wait until my Vanson Chopper gets here! The Z150 leather, the quilted stitching, the lining... so good...

Last edited:

Nykwil

One of the Regulars
I had this same waxed cotton trucker and foolishly sold it years ago. Sigh.

Really cool!

wow! thank you! I originally had one I lost in paris (someone is enjoying it at least) and it was just discontinued and had to get it on ebay, before prices jumped up 2x.

the tin cloth is a love hate relationship, ages beautifully but damn it if I don't get sweaty in it constantly.

Wow! It’s exactly how it should look! How’s the length for this one? How do you like the Z leather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seconded. I'd say it looks just about right. It's a repro of the Wild ONe jacket and it fits pretty much the same as in the movie.

The Z leather's great, it's heavier than firenze but not quite as heavy as comp weight, and I think it looks better than the new comp weight Vanson offer. The length's fine as well, I'd prefer an extra inch or so but I reckon this is still alright. The sleeves are a bit long but I'm not going to have them shortened in case I flip this one in a few months, which judging from past experience I'm likely to do. I have a Vanson Chopper due this week as well that I got a good price for on ebay, also in Z150 leather, I'm really looking forward to that one. After that I'm officially retired.

The chopper is x150. Pretty sure the Wild One also is x150. The Z looks and feels just like comp. weight only thinner. The glossier finish and feel are x-150/Octagon Leathers. Which I agree, look and wear better than current CW.

Edit:: The Wild One is most probably Z. Z is thinner CW, smoother but you can tell they are similar leather. When you get the Chopper you should see the difference (unless you asked Vanson for it to be in Z). The X is awesome.

Last edited:

thor

Call Me a Cab
DAB5008A-0144-4CF6-A022-826617B0CEC5.jpeg
6FFDD05A-924F-4829-A839-029660D15526.jpeg
36DE8B38-B5AF-4E31-9E92-A700AB3BE2EA.jpeg

I scored a Gibson & Barnes “Civil” G-1 off eBay for a great price. It has welted side-entry hand warmer pockets (very convenient!) but otherwise it’s almost exactly like their Mil-Spec model G-1.
It’s one size larger than what I usually would wear but it does have that WWII slightly oversized vibe about it so I think it’s a keeper.
My wife loved the VPB-71 t-shirt I was wearing (WWII PBY Catalina “Black Cats” squadron logo designed by “Terry and the Pirates” artist Milton Caniff) so she says she’s going to officially commandeer it!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
9A569FD5-61B2-4444-A296-B96C313D7ACC.jpeg
87DF5C56-F45F-4028-BFB9-1741DB791B6F.jpeg
7E468635-8213-46D9-B89B-C63A0C124FAF.jpeg
Greetings All:
Today...it’s a new to me (in 1973) Natty Trucker type. Everybody was wearing Levis jackets in those days so i had to have a Leather one. Was bitchin then, still so, to me. Had to laugh, says size 42, must have done it different back then.
Not bad for 46 yo. Lol
Be well. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner