1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Psant25

Psant25 One of the Regulars

Well you can... but it will cost you. I have talked that through with alan. You can always add a 2 inch band or 3 inch band and center it so the front length is exactly what you want. But replace of main zipper is not cheap i think 125, plus back panel 80, plus come up with something for side panels. you could continue that front band around the side.

If u bought new and were going to lose 50 percent or more on the sale it would prlly be cheaper to do all that if you loved it otherwise flip it

Alan said he can pretty much do anything with exception of the shoulders

ton312 and Boyo like this.
  2. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

I'm not going to knee-jerk a decision on what to do with the jacket. I can only wear a t-shirt under it and it's too cold outside to wear now. As weather permits, I'll experiment a little and reevaluate the fit.

Boyo likes this.
  3. willyto

willyto Practically Family

Some don't get the tucked in tee and I don't get the tee hanging out of the leather jacket or any other layer for that matter :confused:

4. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

I think it looks great and i would happily wear it, maybe i look odd...

5. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

ItS not for everyone and I’d bet it’s based on your local cultural bias but most of the vintage inspired Japanese brands use an untucked tee to “hide” how short these jackets look with modern low rise jeans.

Here are examples from FW, FH, Fine Creek and even Schott websites.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Monitor, navetsea and Boyo like this.
  6. I'm with you willyto. Just looks intentionally sloppy to me. Some even wear a T or shirt untucked covering the belt when displaying a new jacket. Usually folks are admiring the jackets sleeve and body length but then can't tell because of the sloppiness hiding the belt line.
    HD

Benny Holiday, Dav and willyto like this.
  7. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think that’s the point HD. Short jackets and low rise jeans don’t mix well imo.

Plus you’d probably get laughed at in the street here in Oz if you wore a tucked in T-shirt, it’s just not done but we do have are a very casual culture here.

ton312 likes this.
  8. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

I'd love to be able to feel comfortable in tucked in tees, but that's precisely my issue. I just feel un-natural. Tucked in looks really good most of the time.

9. Well I custom order my jackets to fit with any low rise or standard rise jeans and other pants in my wardrobe. 26"-26 1/2" that usually comes to the top of my front jean pockets or always covering the belt in low rise. That way there is no effort to adjust or camouflage clothing items to hide errors or borderline shortness. I always wear my Ts tucked unless in cutoffs on the beach. All my Harley Ts are always tucked.

They can laugh at me all they want PN. I am sure that you would stick up for me even if I laugh at their accent. Crikey

Hd

torfjord, El Marro, navetsea and 2 others like this.
  10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I don’t tuck my shirt of any kind in unless it’s mandated by work or occasion. Sloppy appearance is created by ill fitting garments I think. My shirts are fitted, belt is secure and shoes are tied. The thought of tucking a shirt into my jeans actually sends chills down my spine. It’s a personal choice. There are certain occasions when a tucked in shirt is appropriate and certain occasions where it isn’t really a factor one way or the other.

Personally I try to get all my shirts to end right where my jackets do, just below my belt. I hate very long shirt tails and t shirts that look like dresses. T shirt should be short and tight, button down fitted and not half way down your thigh (save that for dress shirts).

11. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

short-ish torso here, i cant tuck in my shirt without looking funny, cant have them too long either, so i wear them custom size with short hem just under my belt mostly untucked, but tucked in on the front just at the buckle, if im wearing belt worth showing.

Carlos840, ton312 and JMax like this.
  12. JMax

JMax One Too Many

Tucked in shirts and too tight mid to high rise jeans consistently seem to create a moose knuckle effect I can do without seeing. Oh well, we all like what we like.

navetsea and ton312 like this.
  13. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Totally. If I had @Carlos840 ’s Vadar buckle...I’m sure I’d be singing a different tune.

Carlos840 and navetsea like this.
  14. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

Jacket is slightly too small on the hem thats why it stucks halfway your belt. Try wear it with less chunky belt or no belt or try to wet and stretch the jacket a little there by forcing it to fit over a bucket or water dispenser bottle or something until it dries.

15. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

Some of these raw denim creates that moose knuckle look, even pseudo one as the pant creates a pair of empty ball sacks on each side of the crotch seam even when the top block is fitted. My 21oz have that problem, my 24oz has different curve on the crotch seam not only feel better when sitting but it creates nicer folding creases while both fit exactly the same on the waist and hip, i suspect perhaps front pocket bag model and shape might contribute too as they too are usually made from hefty fabrics and perhaps is ghosting under the pants creasing together with the pants and the area near the crotch without the pocket bag becomes thinner in comparison and developing strange vertical creases, that crisscrossing with whisker making scrotum like bags.

16. LeFonque

LeFonque One of the Regulars

ton312 likes this.
  17. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter New in Town

Wore my schott perfecto per 2 today[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bobm, Mysteryo, torfjord and 6 others like this.
  18. regius

regius One Too Many

I like the Duke, let me know when you plan to sell :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. JMax

JMax One Too Many

I think I can visualize the pseudo-knuckle as my brother is really into the raw and heavy denim. And thank you for not including pictures. This is the one instance when fit pics are not necessary.

20. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

Thanks. I do get that question. I do sell a lot of jackets. This one just covers a lot of jackets for me. This was a keeper the day I got it. I guess it shows. It is a mix of vintage flair in a perfect fit. The Victory Horsehide is unique. I have sold four BK jackets. I have this and the Sears Hercules model. I've owned this jacket 5-6 years. Bought it here pretty much as new. I've liked all the jackets I sold. I'm always on the look out for a BK.