Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is not me, but I found an excellent owner for this sweet steerhide jacket with French seam, he’s Japanese & lives in Tokyo, so I introduced him to the vintage stores there (although he should be the one introducing to me).
bbd53fe23c2792fd5fac76ad3a6c6ae3.jpg
cd74f18bcb2a3eba044e878f01b2d070.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big thanks to @Kuro!

Schott p613s CXLSH Burgundy, the color is very attractive.
It is almost brand new jacket, weight is 7.2 lbs, I wish it's heavier.
For the price I am happy, what do you think?
0dd883b4484417cf4a1cc3836d8242ee.jpg
e8637d374802ff246ad95e5600edd084.jpg
b342764966954397da20e2123e076ff6.jpg
6b534a27555381d0b3b902619457fede.jpg
Sheesh only 7lbs. Man I can’t let you wear that. Might as well sell that featherweight to me. It’s practically a lands end windbreaker, be perfect for an old man like me who wants to walk in the park and throw bread crumbs to ducks on a windy day.
ADF67DA9-03CD-4B68-BEA3-24E382189473.jpeg

Hh121

Banned
Sheesh only 7lbs. Man I can’t let you wear that. Might as well sell that featherweight to me. It’s practically a lands end windbreaker, be perfect for an old man like me who wants to walk in the park and throw bread crumbs to ducks on a windy day.
View attachment 158162

Thanks man!
The hide is actually soft (very subject opinion), it doesn't gives you armour feel when you put it on, unlike Vanson and LW, the moment you put it on you know the jacket is no kidding, this one is different, I would guess the weight is around 5.3 lbs if I don't have the scale.

Thanks man!
The hide is actually soft (very subject opinion), it doesn't gives you armour feel when you put it on, unlike Vanson and LW, the moment you put it on you know the jacket is no kidding, this one is different, I would guess the weight is around 5.3 lbs if I don't have the scale.

Beautiful jacket. And I know exactly what you mean about the weight of the Schott/Legendary jacket. My new-to-me Black Horse felt like 4-5 pounds and it actually weighed more at almost 6.5 pounds. Deceptively heavy, even without the belt, which itself feels light. Edit: And yes, it certainly does not have the bulletproof feel of Vanson or LW. That said, I like the Black Horse quite a bit.

Hh121

Banned
Beautiful jacket. And I know exactly what you mean about the weight of the Schott/Legendary jacket. My new-to-me Black Horse felt like 4-5 pounds and it actually weighed more at almost 6.5 pounds. Deceptively heavy, even without the belt, which itself feels light. Edit: And yes, it certainly does not have the bulletproof feel of Vanson or LW. That said, I like the Black Horse quite a bit.

Soft leather could be the reason?

Soft leather could be the reason?

That makes sense, the feel of the leather tricks us into thinking it will be light. Or we are not that great at estimating weight lol. It is interesting that two guys that prefer heavier and stiffer jackets, and have handled many of them, felt the same way about a Schott. In any case, your jacket looks amazing.

Kuro

Practically Family
Thanks man!

Weight distribution is very good, you do not feel the weight of the jacket when wearing it.

Not having owned a Vanson or LW jacket, I can't say that this is a soft jacket, not for me. It was cardboard and stood on it's own!

Thanks for the positive feedback and I am very glad you are happy with it!

Golden Bear cross zip, goatskin I think. The detachable collar is a bit wonky but otherwise I'm very happy with this one. It's a bit longer in the front than usual which helps cover my beer gut.
View attachment 158179

Is that the one that was supposed to have a cigarette smell? If you tell me it doesn’t I will kick myself, great jacket at a super price. Looks real good!

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Is that the one that was supposed to have a cigarette smell? If you tell me it doesn’t I will kick myself, great jacket at a super price. Looks real good!
It is, and it does smell of cigarettes. I grew up in a house full of smokers so it doesn't bother me too much. Thankfully I never picked up the habit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner