Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
e889d2ac665a0d15c7c38be4b711d6b3.jpg
dare I say it fits you a tad big PN just a tiny bit, maybe a HWT soak would make it feel thicker and a tad smaller

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks guys

@Fonzie yes it is a little longer than standard, from memory the product description said 2 inches added.

The pants are actually Uniqlo Vintage Regular Fit Chinos (or something like that). Much cheaper than Gustin, I really like them and got 4 different coloured pairs for the same price as 1 pair of Gustins, plus I didn’t have to wait 6 months for them!

@navetsea it possibly could be a touch smaller but for some reason (and unusual for me) its not bothering me....yet. I figure at this size I could throw another layer under it, I just need to work out when its going to get the most use, with or without layers. I don’t think it will shrink much, again the product description said its had 1 wash so shrinkage will be minimal.

Spending more time in the BL today I’ve noticed some nice and subtle differences from my others. The jacket is similar to a 30’s HB in that it has a 1” drop front. All my other BL’s have had a blunt cut hem. I’ve toyed with this notion in the past but figured it might be too difficult to spec properly. I like it quite a bit. Gives the jacket more of a vintage feel. The alpaca in this one is incredibly soft as well. Feels almost like thick terry cloth. Very cozy to wear. When the sun returns I’ll have to post some shots of this hide outdoors. It’s easily the most breathtaking CXL I’ve ever handeled. Goes from black to cream.
F06A8264-806F-482D-A0E4-D74B3F327976.jpeg
D5DAB1AA-7649-4818-8079-3F677A089DD9.jpeg
20460D41-1C8A-415C-A2F6-9CEA32A22CE1.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Spending more time in the BL today I’ve noticed some nice and subtle differences from my others. The jacket is similar to a 30’s HB in that it has a 1” drop front. All my other BL’s have had a blunt cut hem. I’ve toyed with this notion in the past but figured it might be too difficult to spec properly. I like it quite a bit. Gives the jacket more of a vintage feel. The alpaca in this one is incredibly soft as well. Feels almost like thick terry cloth. Very cozy to wear. When the sun returns I’ll have to post some shots of this hide outdoors. It’s easily the most breathtaking CXL I’ve ever handeled. Goes from black to cream.
View attachment 162880 View attachment 162881 View attachment 162882

Am i the only one that is confused seeing these?
I thought you were done with leather, you didn't enjoy wearing leather, denim was life, no more leather...

What is going on?

Am i the only one that is confused seeing these?
I thought you were done with leather, you didn't enjoy wearing leather, denim was life, no more leather...

What is going on?
They say that if you needed to survive on a single food source alone the avocado would be the most suitable. I love avocados. Denim is my avocado. But ******** it I need a steak every now and again too.
Plus, at one point, I found myself trembling in a dark corner, feeling naked and afraid, because I didn’t have a bootlegger in my closet. I don’t ever want to feel that way again.

I am a huge fan of a slightly dropped front. Usually 1.5"-2".
Me too. Problem is it’s a hard calculation with the back length. When I ordered my 30’s HB with a 26.5” back length it made the front just way too long. The back length on this is actually closer to 26” and the thick alpaca pulls about another 1/4” in wearable length from the back so the resulting front length is right in my sweet spot.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Wise decision to keep one Bootlegger, because it really looks good on you!! IMO better than canvas jackets but this is only my opinion

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Tony, you’re at the pinnacle....again!!
Total everything with that one!
HD sure does jackets right!
Happy for ya!
Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
They say that if you needed to survive on a single food source alone the avocado would be the most suitable. I love avocados. Denim is my avocado. But ******** it I need a steak every now and again too.
Plus, at one point, I found myself trembling in a dark corner, feeling naked and afraid, because I didn’t have a bootlegger in my closet. I don’t ever want to feel that way again.
Toooo funny!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21