What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

When pressed into lapel like that windflap looks the part.

handymike likes this.
  2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Agreed, but mine stops 3/4 way up...needs to go!

navetsea likes this.
  3. I like my Enfield the way it was made. The wind flap works well for me when wearing it on the bike.

20180416_182436.jpg 20180416_182833.jpg

4. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Thanks! I do love the deerskin. It feels incredible to wear. It really doesn't bother me when I wear it. I think this solution is pretty good.

5. ton312

ton312

Make it happen and make me buy one too.

El Marro likes this.
  6. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

*Cough, blasphemy
    Psst Denim prophet becareful with public statement, the church is listening and unhappy.

7. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Ha, you beat me to it. But I was thinking more along the lines of a bureaucratic position, like Denim Propaganda Minister.

navetsea and Carlos840 like this.
  8. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Navy blue type III Canvas jacket, today.

9. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

Goodfellow Type 2-ish duck jacket

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ton312

ton312

Their truckers/work jackets are nice. I've got the 14.5oz selvedge type III from them. Great jacket and a good fit. Price is nice too.

Thuggee likes this.
  11. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

I like that trucker as well. I didn't go for it at the $50 full price because I have a lot of denim jackets already but if I see one on sale I'd probably go for it. I got this jacket off their clearance rack for $10. They're clearancing out a lot of nice jackets right now.

12. Brettafett

Brettafett One Too Many

Ja Dubow (Platon). Currently my favourite A-2.
    IMG_20190402_132657106_HDR.jpg IMG_20190402_132710847_HDR.jpg

13. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Wore my new Aero Steerhide Bootlegger for the first time today.. as I mentioned before, the leather on this one is quite something. Very pliable from the start, lovely color, about half the weight of the older days steerhide on my HWM and Veste de Rallye, but still vrey substancial. I took the picture below because I was amused by how this Bootleggers sleeves has more creases on the sleeves after 2 hours of wear total than my 6 years old HWM with hundreds of hours of wear... :D Looking forward to breaking this one in further, it's gonna look fantastic! I apologize for the quality of the picture, it's been taken in a hurry, it's late, just came home from a 13h day of work.
    IMG_2176.JPG

I also received a Goodwear Monarch A2 today, purchased from @Davidm in the Classifieds. Great person to deal with, thanks a lot! The jacket is made from reddish brown japanese (I suspect Shinki?) horsehide with incrediblly nice grain. It's labeled size 42, I am a 40" chest and it fits me snug but not uncomfortable. I recommend sizing up in this contract for anyone considering the style. Very happy with the fit, sleeves and body length are as if made for me. Again, just a few snaps, will properly review and take better pictures when I find time.

IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2214.JPG

RobertK, johnnycanuck, Boyo and 18 others like this.
  14. ton312

ton312

Both are nice but that Bootlegger is sublime! Fits you PERFECTLY!

jacketjunkie likes this.
  15. Atticus Finch

Atticus Finch Call Me a Cab

We’re having a little spring nor’easter, today. Temperature is in the middle forties, it’s raining a deluge and the wind’s blowing so hard, if you open your mouth, your butt will whistle.

Been wearing my ATF, 1st model, USN deck jacket since first daylight. Here it is drying out...while my cat tries to figure out where that whistling is coming from.

C27DDDD0-AAB6-4325-B130-8D0699F6B3F7.jpeg

AF

16. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

It’s pictures like that bootlegger that keep picking my pocket!

jacketjunkie and Psant25 like this.
  17. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Both are really nice and the fit is good! Congrats! If the fit of my sold Eastman A-2 would have been that good I probably would have never sold it. Btw. wise decision to wait for an opportunity here on Classifieds rather than waiting for a new one till you get retired in about 35 years

jacketjunkie likes this.
  18. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

Thuggee, Benny Holiday, Boyo and 14 others like this.
  19. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned One Too Many

Following up from yesterday's post, the Kehoe CR arrived. Please forgive the crappy indoor pics:
    IMG_20190402_222428.jpg IMG_20190402_222514.jpg IMG_20190402_222623.jpg IMG_1096.JPG
    Nice chocolate brown color with great grain. Molds nicely to the body giving the streamlined fit I was hoping for, almost like walking around while perpetually being hugged. Sleeves could be a touch longer but still acceptable I think (though I realize not everyone's cup of tea). Definitely a t-shirt only jacket, but perfect for the upcoming warmer weather. Should be a great compliment to the Aero 30s HB (fall-winter-spring seasons and more formal situations) and the Brooks CR (with hoodie/layering) This one makes me realize just how many more hours/days/weeks/months/years I have to invest in the HB to break in fully.

Special thanks goes out to @Gamma68 for pointing this out in the "Finds and Deals" thread and @Monitor for creating it. And of course, thanks as well to everyone here part of TFL community for their knowledge, input, and willingness to share with others such as myself.

20. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I take it to nearby tailor to take in the waist, fit me much nicer buttoned and unbuttoned at least to my own eyes, maybe a waisted type 3 is wrong by default, but i much prefer this than yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    Left after shrink to fit unaltered
    Right after being altered.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Thuggee, Benny Holiday, seres and 6 others like this.