1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

Jejupe, what Langlitz did you order?

Don't just leave us hanging like that.

You need to ask the guys at Langlitz a million questions because not every option is apparent and you have to ask as they won't necessarily divulge that info voluntarily.

sweetfights likes this.
  2. Jejupe

Jejupe Practically Family

Looking at Langlitz Japan's pictures helps a lot to figure out what might be possible to do.

I ordered two:

1. light black cow Columbia with hidden collar and lapel snaps and detachable fur collar
    2. Royal blue cow Cascade, cossack collar, shoulder pads fitted to yoke, elbow pads and pinstripes.

3. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Seconded. Seriously unbelievable customer service. I wouldn't even call it a customer service - Langlitz people will chat with you as if you'd known them for years. They'll answer any and all of your questions in length while throwing in even more suggestions for what you had initially had in mind. Dealing with them feels so sincere. I honestly don't understand how they find the time as I'm sure people email them all the time. I felt bad harassing them with questions too and promised myself I'll just get back when I'll have an order ready.

sweetfights likes this.
  4. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

I checked out Langlitz Japan also before ordering mine. I spent a good 2 weeks looking.

choosewisely.jpg

sweetfights and Jejupe like this.
  5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

You're going to need to live 500 years to break in your collection!

6. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman New in Town

Goatskin A2 Screenshot_20190516_210708_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Dav, dudewuttheheck, LeFonque and 7 others like this.
  7. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

I would not worry too much about break in with the medium weight hide from Langlitz. I own two jackets in this leather and they were both comfortable to wear within a week of receiving them. Much easier than Vanson Comp. weight in my opinion.

sweetfights and Psant25 like this.
  8. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

CC5C304F-7BF5-4522-9DAE-C740F413AF20.jpeg A black leather trucker made for Next bought for £50 on eBay. Cheap as chips, was unworn, fits great will patinate nice and looks like the Pakistani factory it came from deconstructed a Levi to make the pattern. Yes I know it’s a ‘Mall jacket’ but it’s nice.

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 6:23 PM
    sweetfights, Dav, Boyo and 3 others like this.
  9. Jejupe

Yeah, I've acknowledged the challenge. I don't think I will live that long, so I'm working on a new method, let's call it "the Windy city solution" where I sell all my jackets after couple of months, so I don't need to worry about the break in! Smart, eh? ;)

10. Robbie79

Robbie79 A-List Customer

Thanks Colin for your helpful advice! Sooner or later I will order a Langlitz.

11. Robbie79

Robbie79 A-List Customer

@Jejupe : You’re crazy man I bet you a least have about 50 leather jackets (probably even more)?? At least all of the jackets you’ve ever posted still look new. I really like many of them and envy you a little bit of your massive but wonderful collection if I‘m honest and even if I‘m happy with my jackets! I‘m looking forward to see more beauties from you!

Jejupe likes this.
  12. Jejupe

Thanks for the compliments! I do have some nice pieces, I'll admit that much! and yes there is about 50-60 altogether. Hardly the largest collection around here, but I'm working on it! I should sell 20-30 jackets which I don't like all that much, but I'm too lazy. Maybe next autumn...

sweetfights, El Marro and Robbie79 like this.
  13. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

"I should sell 20-30 jackets which I don't like all that much, but I'm too lazy. Maybe next autumn..."

@Jejupe... You know where to find me if that blue suburban makes the list..

14. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter One of the Regulars

That taubers [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

LOL. Or just jump ship and go to denim. Or better yet befriend Sly and get the HgH he’s using to add a couple decades. For me having more than three leather jackets gives me the same sick feeling having none does.

Jejupe and Monitor like this.
  16. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

OMG!:eek:!
    Amazing!...and that collar!!!!!!

JMax likes this.
  17. Psant25

Psant25 One of the Regulars

70BA069B-0803-40CC-A039-49A4837B43B3.jpeg B828685E-BAA7-461A-B1D7-AA041865C3BE.jpeg D02DC7B0-CE91-4730-8216-5D2A0761345C.jpeg Speaking of Langlitz just got my columbia remake. Medium cow

18. Jejupe

Psant25 likes this.
  19. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter One of the Regulars

Thanks bro, its actually very comfortable; wearing friendly . I'm glad I kept it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gamma68 likes this.
  20. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

Just a quick indoor pic. Not cold enough for this right now. It’s a decent jacket this SC Laskinlamb but the leather isn’t really that great if I have to be honest.

[​IMG]

I might have to sell my Aero Grizzly if I decide to keep this one. If any of the smaller guys is interested in a black HH CXL x dark brown fur Grizzly send me a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dav, dudewuttheheck, Boyo and 4 others like this.