1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Cordovan Highwayman.
    Heavy, beautiful Steerhide.
    296DA831-6320-4C0E-A52E-4833A9B2BA85.jpeg

RobertK, Lebowski, Bfd70 and 17 others like this.
  2. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

wow, very prominent forearm creases

dan_t likes this.
  3. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

4. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

Gamma68 likes this.
  5. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

[​IMG]

LeFonque, Benny Holiday, JMax and 9 others like this.
  6. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

Langlitz.

DSC_0013 (2).JPG

7. Great fit Colin. Good looking jacket..!!

Bfd70 and Colin G like this.
  8. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

That looks perfect Colin!
    That one has me tempted to jump in line for another Langlitz...

sweetfights and Colin G like this.
  9. zebedee

zebedee Practically Family

I think that the jacket is almost a decade old- the pocket outlines were visible soon after purchase and didn't worry me. They make the jacket my go-to for long distance travel.

El Marro and navetsea like this.
  10. Jejupe

Jejupe Practically Family

Green Vanson

[​IMG]

11. zebedee

zebedee Practically Family

Aero Stockman today. It's been re-admitted into the (thinned) herd. It's slowly (i.e. 7 years slowly) wearing through to brown... It's a size 40, and although I can easily layer a sweater under it, it's also not a bulky fit. The patch pockets are unlined (don't know if this is standard or just because I requested them to be), and don't puff out at all. No inner pockets in this one- not having them helps the line of the jacket.

Photo on 16-5-2019 at 8.48 AM.jpg Photo on 16-5-2019 at 8.48 AM #2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    LeFonque, Boyo, El Marro and 8 others like this.
  12. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

New (to me) Freewheelers Mulholland:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Olive (lightweight, 800g) cotton fieldjacket by Camel Active. :cool:

navetsea, El Marro and handymike like this.
  14. JMax

JMax One Too Many

15. JMax

JMax One Too Many

What’s that you said about red devil and a collection with color? Another great jacket.

Benny Holiday, Robbie79 and Jejupe like this.
  16. thor

thor One Too Many

EC6D9E8C-1DE7-43BC-BD50-E1BE2A9E1A34.jpeg
    Lost Worlds G-1 (added an orange “ditch” whistle).

Dav, LeFonque, Benny Holiday and 10 others like this.
  17. Robbie79

Robbie79 A-List Customer

Wow, amazing jacket and fantastic fit....can’t decide if I like this one more on you or your new Thedi! I‘ve never really dared to buy a Langlitz for whatever reason. What hide and heaviness (Oz) is used for it?

18. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

R
    Thanks Robbie. Sleeves are a bit long but I ordered it that way in case I use it on my motorcycle. They call it a medium weight hide but it would be more like a Vanson competition weight. I am unsure of the official thickness. They do offer a lighter weight hide as well as goat. Their horse is an extra $1000 US so not worth it in my opinion. They will mail you hide samples if you ask.

I would say maybe not quite as heavy as your Lost Worlds jacket and much easier break in. It seemed a bit stiff at first but is breaking in quickly as I wear it more and more. The weather has been the only thing hampering break-in as it is getting pretty warm here during the day now. I am lucky if I can wear it to work in the morning when it is + 5 to + 10 C but by lunch, no way. It is + 22 C by then.

Robbie79 likes this.
  19. Jejupe

I actually asked Langlitz about this just couple of days ago. I was wondering if I should change my order from medium black to lightweight black because I don't want another jacket I would need to break in. Here's what they said:

"According to the internet, Vanson’s “competition weight” is 1.3 to 1.4mm thick. Our medium weight is 1.2 to 1.4mm. So it’s pretty much the same thickness/weight. Although, there are other factors that can make a leather stiff. Our colored leather runs on the heavier side, but is much suppler than our standard black or brown cowhide.

I think switching to our lightweight cowhide is a good idea. It is 1.00 to 1.2mm thick. Not a huge difference compared to the medium weight, and actually since both are a range, they can even be about the same. But…. The lightweight cowhide is much suppler than the medium, and it has a wonderful, slippery/greasy feel to it, like real horsehide has, that the medium doesn’t have."

Edit: I strongly recommend asking any questions you may have directly from Langlitz. I've been harassing them with my questions since last October and after a lot of back and forward I just placed my order few days ago, and I've had nothing but the best customer service and patient answers to my ever evolving questions and ideas.

20. Jejupe

Well, I do have royal blue cross zip, burgundy/ navy twotone peacoat, and camo leather / green canvas jacket coming in near future so my collection is indeed getting more colourful soon!

JMax, Boyo and handymike like this.