What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Not wearing really but just arrived. Schott rancher for $26. I think I have a new fave here. I really dig it. Fall ‘19 is looking awful darn ‘73 for me. And I like that.
    A3B6DD8F-60DF-4F38-8C16-E80DDC31DDD7.jpeg DE320F7A-3762-443A-9F7C-46805151F992.jpeg 8EEE3404-5597-46E6-BC54-DF2F480C2444.jpeg

2. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Thanks man! Got my Django jacket locked down!

Imuricecreamman and Colin G like this.
  4. Thuggee

Thuggee Practically Family

[​IMG]
    SB Roadster Blattwerk black horse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. willyto

willyto Practically Family

People only get stuck with the image of brand new goatskin. It's no surprise that the best and well preserved leather jackets from 80 years ago are goatskin while other leathers show so much damage and overall bad condition if they have been used.

6. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

@Imuricecreamman doesn't look like that at all to me. Looks great and the fit is ace!
    @ton312 I'm all for the 70s vibe here. Fit is spot on as well.
    The last few pages have had some epic jackets here, but here's me wearing what I always wear.
    Freewheelers Caboose
    [​IMG]

7. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Heavenly colors Dude.

Lebowski and dudewuttheheck like this.
  8. dudewuttheheck

Thanks! I do think that olive, ecru/off white, and brown work incredibly well together.

nick123 and navetsea like this.
  9. Willybob

Willybob A-List Customer

I'm jealous of you all! Was a high of 96 today. Not looking forward to Monday.

IMG_3038.jpg

10. Was 80 here today

11. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Double denim again,14oz indigo x black type3 , and 21oz unsanfrd hairy jeans

12. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

@dudewuttheheck thanks man,glad to hear it. That outfit is Ace, btw. That shirt looks incredibly comfortable and airy.

Thought I'd use the beautiful morning light to put up some better pics of the hide and the wear it has after approximately 50 years. Really shows that goat is beautiful and resiliant. Screenshot_20190606_072445_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20190606_072459_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20190606_072509_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20190606_072520_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20190606_072537_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

13. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

El Marro and ton312 like this.
  14. dudewuttheheck

Thank you! It is indeed. I found it completely randomly in Japan. I was walking from the Kapital store to the Warehouse store and stumbled across a Studio D'artisan/Orguiel store and found this gem there.

My goodness, that hide is absolutely stunning. In fact, I would say it's one of my favorites leathers I have seen that I can remember. The point about goat looking amazing after wear is true. Now that I think about it, a lot of well aged leathers that I have seen have been goat.

Imuricecreamman likes this.
  15. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Man, that's for sure. What an incredible goatskin. That for me is The Height of aged leather. I've had a couple of goatskins do that in a much shorter period. Goat doesn't get much love around here and people keep saying it doesn't age or grain up and they hate the pebbles. Fools! :D

16. zebedee

zebedee Practically Family

Highwayman.

Photo on 06-06-2019 at 09.52.jpg Photo on 08-01-2019 at 10.24 #2.jpg

17. torfjord

torfjord Practically Family

I can see that jacket turning things around for goat on TFL, it looks that awesome! Next thing after the denim jacket race, everyone will go after goat skin jackets :)

Benny Holiday and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  18. zebedee

zebedee Practically Family

Aero's Seal goat is fantastic stuff- it's light but really resilient. SB's goat is less supple but it is like armour and very thick. I tend to find that goat is a warmer leather than HH and just go for cotton drab linings with it- my 1950s HB in goat is definitely much warmer than any of my other jackets (which are HH).

19. Bennarion

Bennarion Practically Family

Yes, I think you should try goat leather :cool:

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  20. Bennarion

Bennarion Practically Family