What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. jeo

jeo One of the Regulars

I have the same issue and while my belly isn't that big, it can pose an issue with the fit of jackets if the back is too long, it sort of "puffs out" and makes the back look a little blousy.

Overall I think it looks good from the back but otherwise just a tad short on front length and sleeves

Andrew Putnam likes this.
  2. Bennarion

Bennarion Practically Family

Andrew Putnam,yes, it will be very small for you. As for the sleeves, it’s better for me to let them be long than short

Andrew Putnam likes this.
  3. Bennarion

For example, I think they were short. It was not comfortable. I had to sell the jacket. IMG_20190605_141613.jpg

4. Bennarion

And now the perfect length for me. I am very comfortable
    IMG_20190605_141822.jpg

5. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

Swedish tea core goat Screenshot_20190605_154051_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

6. Here's mine. My first better leather jacket purchased off of Aero's sale page. Size 40 with 25 3/4" sleeves and 25 1/2 body length. If I had custom ordered, I would have added another half inch in sleeve length and an inch to body length. I don't care what some say it's 'suppose' to fit like. I prefer my jackets to fit a certain way on me. For me this is borderline....

20180417_130740.jpg

20180417_130855.jpg

7. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

That is my experience too. Mine rides up at the front too. I’ve got 0 belly at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Mich486

Westride goatskin halfbelt purchased second hand. Very broken in. It scratched my itch for an Eastman Californian.

Never considered goat before but I’m positively impressed. It’s an amazingly put together jacket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS. If you like the style there’s a size 40 on eBay in almost new condition for like $600.

9. jeo

jeo One of the Regulars

Sweet jacket man! Great fit on you too! I’ve considered this exact jacket but I missed out on it, your pics are making me regret not jumping on it immediately.

Mich486 likes this.
  10. Mich486

Thanks man. The price was too good to pass. I’ll let you know if I decide to flip it ;)

jeo likes this.
  11. jeo

jeo One of the Regulars

Much appreciated but I would be a size 34 or 36 in westride. I highly doubt you would have trouble flipping it though, that goatskin looks amazing

Mich486 likes this.
  12. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned Practically Family

Technically yesterday, Kehoe CR:
    IMG_20190604_170855807_HDR.jpg

13. rockabilly

rockabilly One of the Regulars

Recent vintage Sportclad purchase, c. late 40’s/50’s.

40169163-BB5A-4939-85D4-5B20FDE25C6D.jpeg 1E7B6FC4-262D-4928-851F-67D150A5188D.jpeg 15C0BFE0-AB79-40F0-A657-397C70E6E320.jpeg

14. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

rockabilly and Lebowski like this.
  15. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

I looked at one of these online in a size 40. It seems just a tad big with a 22" pit to pit.

Does yours fit true to size or a bit on the big side?

16. Mich486

Mine is a size 38 and p2p is 20.75”. I feel like I couldn’t really go down a size. The lining is pretty thick also.

I’m normally a size 38 in western makers and a 40 in Japanese. So yes it runs on the larger size of a 38 for a Japanese brand.

17. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

Thanks for the info. I'm at an 18" shoulder width and 39" chest so I kind of fall between a 38 and a 40 depending who makes the jacket, which is why I like to go custom and not off the shelf.

Most 38's are too small as I need a min of 21" pit to pit to be comfortable or the jacket is just too tight in the chest and pit area. Going 22" and over is just a bit roomy for my liking.

I may give the Westride a whirl. Worst case is I use as a jacket to wear a light sweater under, maybe.

How thick is the goat hide? I have never owned goat before so I am used to heavy cow, steer or horse.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  18. Mich486

No worries man. It’s my first goatskin jacket too and I’m pleased with it. I’d say give it a go.

The goatskin used is medium thickness. It’s got an amazing grain all over which I suspect might be the result of some water treatment (but I might be wrong).

If the 40 you are looking at it’s the one i’ve seen too it looks brand new but I guess it will develop a nice grain similar to mine with a bit of use.

19. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

Really shitty lighting makes the leather look like plastic, but it's actually pretty awesome. Screenshot_20190605_200621_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

20. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I've always loved goat-hide the best. And that's a very nice example. Lot's of nice graining and texture.

Mich486 likes this.