Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Give it about 5-10 years, I'm confident that it will develop. These things take time.
I’ll be an old(er) man by then!
651E811C-123E-4EAB-BC81-D01F837E4FB3.gif

Psant25

One Too Many
I doing this my Vanson. You’ve convinced me. I can see how your jacket developed a soul. My Vanson doesn’t have one yet. Did you use hot or just like warm water? I sprayed the collar and sleeves to create shape and creases but they didn’t really last. I think it needs a soak. Still has a vinyl bag look to it. I wear this jacket every weekend in the AM until the eye rolling wife daughter duo awaken. I’m determined to see it through with this jacket b/c I like the fit but the hide could use some personality adjustment.
View attachment 171935
I have used cold and warm have not really seen a difference. The cold warms as you wear it so I think it is just more comfortable to start with warm. I dunk it in the tub for maybe 10 seconds, pull it, pat it dry, wear it close to dry then hang it. I sometimes repeat this twice. And sometimes after needs a good conditioning

Horween CXL can even go 45 in warm to hot water. The warm water loosens the waxes.
I don’t think it matters how long it is wet. In the tanning process it is wet for days or even months. What matters the most is how it dries. Horse seems to react to this process better than cow, and I would only use cold water and brief spot-soaks for goat.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I doing this my Vanson. You’ve convinced me. I can see how your jacket developed a soul. My Vanson doesn’t have one yet. Did you use hot or just like warm water? I sprayed the collar and sleeves to create shape and creases but they didn’t really last. I think it needs a soak. Still has a vinyl bag look to it. I wear this jacket every weekend in the AM until the eye rolling wife daughter duo awaken. I’m determined to see it through with this jacket b/c I like the fit but the hide could use some personality adjustment.
View attachment 171935
I really really make it wet wet, i sprayed hand shower into the sleeve from lining side and from the cuff, sprayed inside the pockets, and then i turned it inside out lining side out and brushed it a little with soft detergent them more showering to rinse it, and turned leather side out again, put it on plastic hanger and i let it drip while i was cleaning up the mess wiped the shower cabin, and after that i wore the jacket over black tshirt and do some shaping kneading, and arm movements, chicken arm dance work best, bend elbow, hand grabbing the lapel, and shoulder flapping up and down frantically until the bottom part of the jacket flapping too, everytime the hem rise i flap my elbow down to hit it down and bounce back up hit it down again and again, twist my waist left and right a little so the hem also twisting around my waist making some diagonal back creases. After 100x i sit down facing a standing fan with my arm crossed, repeat with both my jackets, and changed soaked tshirt... i put some of my soul in it through this wet forging man, it was work

Horween CXL can even go 45 in warm to hot water. The warm water loosens the waxes.
I don’t think it matters how long it is wet. In the tanning process it is wet for days or even months. What matters the most is how it dries. Horse seems to react to this process better than cow, and I would only use cold water and brief spot-soaks for goat.
Yeah and this batch of z150 is nothing like cxl (others have been). It’s super soft, almost spongy and too shiny. I was actually hoping the water might stiffen it up/dull it a bit. Is this wrong minded? Should I just roll around in the dirt? I dunno. Maybe just continue to wearing it inside. Like a job.

...or Lake Michigan.
It’s still only about 40 degrees. Man I should be grilling on the beach not even giving a thought to these stupid jackets but summer is really slow this year.
  1. I would drive to the ocean
  2. swim a mile or two,
  3. roll around in the sand,
  4. then run 5 miles on the beach in the blazing hot sun @ton312
Yes
9553AA7F-211A-47E6-8EFB-9648982CE618.gif

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
That’s the coolest Brooks I’ve ever seen in my entire life! Reminds me of my Bates. Nothing beats a blue CR, especially with that kind of wear. The absolute epitome of a late 60’s CR.

Thankya sir! Your blue ‘n’ white Bates is kick-ass, practically the brother to my blue/mint blue Bates. Throw it on and snap a pic if you can, I’d love to see that jacket. I coulda sworn you got rid of that Bates for a time, was it difficult convincing the new owner to sell it back?

Thankya sir! Your blue ‘n’ white Bates is kick-ass, practically the brother to my blue/mint blue Bates. Throw it on and snap a pic if you can, I’d love to see that jacket. I coulda sworn you got rid of that Bates for a time, was it difficult convincing the new owner to sell it back?
Sent to a friend, then another and eventually returned. It took a world tour. Came home unscathed, actually repaired in one spot. It’s my all time fav CR. Totally suits my current MO as well. It’s hard to capture but the top coat on the sleeves is worn away to the point that the leather underneath( a dull gray) is showing through. It’s tagged a 44LL but as you know these run super trim. Good for only unzipped t shirt fit but the lengths hit just right.
8273A0A9-5BF1-469A-A781-DE79D6EFB93F.jpeg
0543E9CD-FF1B-4A3A-879C-B087CE41283D.jpeg
D5BEBB39-311D-4B13-95D6-4464B7A2C01C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk