Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Sir, this incredible jacket looks absolutely fantastic on you!
DWTH, what kind of leather treatment have you used/applied to make this jacket look so deep juicy shiny colored, with all these incredibly gorgeous wrinkles? I mean all the nice wrinkles and folds, not only on the sleeves, but on its body area too, right in between handwarmer slanted pockets, from both sides of main zipper too. What's the secret over here?
I have not treated this jacket at all since receiving it. These characteristics you mention are not completely uncommon in Shinki jackets in my experience. The folds on the body area are either from the previous owner or a result of the jacket being shipped several times in a short period of time.

I think the lighting conditions, camera, and editing are why the jacket looks so different now that I have the jacket.

zebedee

One Too Many
It could almost be an inch shorter in the body. Are you wearing the jeans particularly high, or are they high-waisted?

I consider getting higher-rise trousers and then decide to lengthen the body of jackets.

That's how you wear these.

This vintage Schott has made me a real fan of heavy suede. Wears super easy, almost like denim jacket.
I’ll be looking out for other styles in suede. I really like it, especially when it’s well worn. Has a really rustic feel to it. I suppose I need to vary up my t shirt selections. LOL. Plus, I match my dog.
View attachment 172121
View attachment 172125

I like this pic the most ITT. Contrasting paws are everything.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
This vintage Schott has made me a real fan of heavy suede. Wears super easy, almost like denim jacket.
I’ll be looking out for other styles in suede. I really like it, especially when it’s well worn. Has a really rustic feel to it. I suppose I need to vary up my t shirt selections. LOL. Plus, I match my dog.
View attachment 172121
View attachment 172125
you need suede boots, nothing your dog would love more than matching suede paws.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
7glRYyl.jpg

Sorry for image quality, i m just happy to be at home, leaving 7 30 in the morning to do every 5yrs physical checkup and renewal of my motorcycle registration, happen exactly at the first day of work after a week long muslim holiday.... it was hell of a crowd spending 6hrs mostly standing stuck in a crowd trying to listen to the guy behind the counter to call my name, and do that 3 times on 3 different counters in a room with thousands of people and almost no ventilation... standing fully concentrate on my ear numbing out everything else.

Wearing my type2.

patrick_b

One of the Regulars

Gamma68

One Too Many
View attachment 172121
View attachment 172125

That Schott looks great on you. I really like the feel of my suede Schott, too (the one with the fringe). Mine still needs to be broken in.

Gamma68

One Too Many
Just got my 1968 unlined Bates racing shirt back from the seamstress. Zipper fixed, new elastic bands. So comfortable to wear.

I've been trading emails with the seller (original owner). He's in the process of moving but says he'll send photos of him wearing it at flat track races from the 1970s once he settles in.

Here's what he said when I told him about the repairs: "So glad to hear you got your coat restored. It's a good feeling it went to the right person that showed interest and pride in it."

I see myself as just the present caretaker.

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5580.jpg
IMG_5591.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ