Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Freewheelers Sunset
sYEyOFb.jpg
Very nice photo, I like its clear colors! Try to sell it to any wealthy mens magazine like GQ or Esquire - you might earn some money on it!)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Seb.

How easy was the ordering process and how long was the production turn around?

I'm thinking of comissoning a Cossack style if it's not to much of a hassle.

Easy. It took about 3 days to agree on a pattern and hardware - about 10 emails. About 3 days for the manufacturing. The process, including postage, took around 2 weeks.

I think it helps if you are very certain about what you want. I specified hardware (YKK for me since it is ultra robust) pocket depth and width and fabric to be used such as 8oz cotton drill for pockets and lining.

Last edited:

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Easy. It took about 3 days to agree on a pattern and hardware - about 10 emails. About 3 days for the manufacturing. The process, including postage, took around 2 weeks.

I think it helps if you are very certain about what you want. I specified hardware (YKK for me since it is ultra robust) pocket depth and width and fabric to be used such as 8oz cotton drill for pockets and lining.
Thanks for the clarification. Got one of his standards on the way, will check it out and move on from there.

Thuggee

Practically Family
It certainly is a mentionable issue. I had the same thing. The good news is that Shawn is totally receptive to feedback so I hope he can get this fixed in the near future. Some customers have ordered more than one jacket from him, happy as a clown. With mine, I loved everything about the jacket (and ordering process) sans the smell. Seemed to go away hanging outside but came back, enough to not want to hang on to it. Pretty marvelous jackets beyond that.

That’s strange the smell lingered and came back? I figure it’s a left over smell from the tanning process and as such part of the new jacket smell ( although not a nice one ) mine after a good airing out when it arrived just smells like a new leather jacket now, (I guess it could come down to the leather/batch used mine was the regular distressed goat) although initially it was pretty bad, I’ve bought a couple of jackets over the years from Pakistan all arrived with similar smells, make me think about the people working in the tannery wouldn’t be pleasant, saying that I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another jacket from Shawn real value for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That’s strange the smell lingered and came back? I figure it’s a left over smell from the tanning process and as such part of the new jacket smell ( although not a nice one ) mine after a good airing out when it arrived just smells like a new leather jacket now, (I guess it could come down to the leather/batch used mine was the regular distressed goat) although initially it was pretty bad, I’ve bought a couple of jackets over the years from Pakistan all arrived with similar smells, make me think about the people working in the tannery wouldn’t be pleasant, saying that I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another jacket from Shawn real value for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not out of the ballgame yet. The jacket was nice enough to be worth a second shot. Iirc Shawn attributed it to the finishing, and noted it'd go away. But I have no patience for much of anything.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
E75893F8-2227-474D-BE5C-00A93A21B681.jpeg
‘Stanley’ jacket in Engineer’s Navy blue cotton twill. It’s graduation day today, so I’m wearing it as part of a three piece suit with matching ‘High Rise’ trousers in the same fabric and a contrasting khaki canvas single breasted, straight edge waistcoat (all Tin House fabrics and designs by Will Brown of Old Town, Holt).

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Maybe not so wrong ! I have heard of urine (urea) being used as a tanning agent in times not so long gone !

Traditional tanning used poo and wee. That is certainly how leather was made, even in Britain up until the early 20th Century. Excrement has enzymes which assist in breaking down collagen in the hides. An important part of tanning. But chemicals tend to smell worse and last longer.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I’m not sure, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they use birds shit as a tanning agent in Morocco. Might explain the smell [emoji23]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Wow calling it shitty leather not to mock but rather a proper description:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk