What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

Nice bag. Can I find out something about her?

Imuricecreamman likes this.
  2. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman A-List Customer

Thanks :) The bag is made from old military canvas and really cool patinated leather by an artisan of the Greek island of Karpathos.

handymike and Bennarion like this.
  3. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

Is such a bag sold somewhere or is it made to order?

4. Jejupe

Jejupe Practically Family

Aero Aeromarine in natural Vicenza

[​IMG]

5. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman A-List Customer

Not that I know of as I just saw it in the shop and bought it. It was a cash operated, small business so I'm doubtful they have an online presence.

Bennarion likes this.
  6. Alexlutov

Alexlutov One of the Regulars

Hi David, good to see you here))

7. Alexlutov

It's raining today....Aero Hercules Vicenza IMG_20190913_103329_230.jpg IMG_20190913_101335_648.jpg

Tom71, AeroFan_07, El Marro and 22 others like this.
  8. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

Alexlutov likes this.
  9. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

I really like the new Aero...

Aero Chips Front.jpg

Tom71, El Marro, roadking04 and 17 others like this.
  10. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

This is the perfect jacket for you so you like it so much ;)

JMax likes this.
  11. Leither

Leither One of the Regulars

IMG-20190913-WA0020-01.jpeg 20190913_155529-01.jpeg 20190913_155315-01-2.jpeg

Cordovan Sheene. Warm, cold, cloudy, bright in Edinburgh. So difficult to predict the weather. I need a sharpie...

Tom71, AeroFan_07, El Marro and 17 others like this.
  12. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

Tellason Coverall Jacket
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

El Marro, Dav, Benny Holiday and 9 others like this.
  13. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

14. Alexlutov

Aero halfbelt IMG_20190913_185618_699.jpg IMG_20190913_185618_700.jpg IMG_20190913_185618_698.jpg

15. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

roadking04 and Alexlutov like this.
  16. Alexlutov

I must admit that I like it damnly and I am grateful to this forum for a huge amount of useful information)) I think this is more than just a hobby as I thought before, this is already a way of life! Thanks to everyone)))

17. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Aero Chips Front Office.jpg

I'll stop posting too many photos of this one jacket within such a short span of time, but the sleeves are already showing life.

18. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Please don't! Wanted to ask you, but never catch time, what are your feelings about this jacket? Compared to CAL? How's the arm reach?

AbbaDatDeHat and JMax like this.
  19. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

IMO the jacket is beautifully put together and now I understand all the hubbub about Ms. Leitch's ability to craft and build a jacket. The leather is intoxicating to look at and the smell is perfect. During lunch I left the jacket in my car so the smell would fill up the cabin. It did and the drive back to the office was sweet. CXL's behavior reminds me a bit of Vanson's Octagon, which I also really like. Lots of marbling and cool wear quickly. IMO though, the best editions of vintage Cal jackets have next-level horsehide. Just as pretty as this and just as thick as Stu's horsehide. LW HH is right there with old Cal HH for me. To me, what brings this particular CXL leather into the discussion is the color. It's that nice bud.

The minor mods I requested make a big difference with how I hoped the jacket would look (slimmer profile without inside pockets for example) and how the jacket would function (collar snaps for riding). Like I said, I wanted a no-fuss CHP that could double as a more "formal" jacket, less biker.
    Mobility is very good, especially considering the jacket has no shoulder gussets or AB. Reach is good, though the cuffs ever so slightly ride up my arm when I reach forward. Certainly not enough to negatively impact using the jacket to ride. A few of my Cals do not have gussets and the range is better and the cuffs stay put. Ditto for my Vanson Force (just as trim a fit) and LW CHP (not as trim a fit), both of which have no gussets or AB. In fairness, the mods done to the Aero jacket may be a large reason for this. In the end, the jacket is very comfortable, allows a good range of movement and fits close to the body (2" taper), without constricting anything or feeling tight. I love it. Definite keeper.

The Aero weighs approximately 6.2 pounds, deceptively heavy since it does not feel that heavy. Not when I wear it and not when I carry it. This is in line with my Cal CHPs. The LAPDs weigh at least a pound more but that is not a fair comparison. My LW CHP weigh over 1.5 more pounds.

Hope this helps.

roadking04, Gamma68, Hh121 and 4 others like this.
  20. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Very Nice!!