Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

ai00344

One of the Regulars
Roughly one year in this Sheene. This was my first leather jacket, now part of a larger stable thanks to this forum. Really love this simple jacket, and can't wait to keep beating it around. I posted a few more evo photos in the original thread I made for this jacket.

zDzn6e3.jpg

C9eXU8I.jpg

wiMLFiN.jpg
Tea core alert!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Got this thanks to the "Finds and deals" thread. Been looking for a Langlitz a long time to no avail, until recently 3 opportunities appeared at the same time, this one being the most interesting fitwise. @Guppy had a decisive input in my decision, getting additional information from the buyer and suggesting the deal could be done with a reasonable offer. He was totally right about that, and in no time, the jacket was mine.
When it arrived, I realized that Langlitz is really something else. First, I was relieved to see the fit seemed OK, especially in the waist . But the leather! I think they call it midweight, but this is probably one of the thickest I've ever came across. Not that it's particularly stiff, but it truly is consistent. The only comparable hide I own is a Route 66 in CXl HH , but it's at least 15 years old and it turned soft as lambskin. This one needs getting used to.
That's why I gave it the Carlos + Navetsea threatment, basically wearing it and moving in it as much as i can.
As a matter of fact, it is obviously tailored for maximum mobility, and it's amazing how you can move your arms in any direction without the body moving . But you have to adapt to the cut, especially the massive sleeves. Do they need to be so roomy in the biceps area?
Anyway, I'm starting to get used to it. I read here and there some stories about made to measure orders that were not always immediately satisfactory. The answer from Langlitz was to take some time to get used to the jacket. I believe that time is a very important factor in this case.
Below are a few pics. The color is kind of unusual: grey with a marble effect that I tried to heighten by pushing the contrast in Lightroom. Otherwise, the leather is starting to show some very strong grain and character in places. I think I'm getting addicted to it.

View attachment 191890 View attachment 191895 View attachment 191896 View attachment 191897 View attachment 191898 View attachment 191899 View attachment 191900 View attachment 191901
Very sweet jacket!!
One of my new lounge favorites.
B

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
My GF wearing my (well hers now...) vintage Swedish Motorjacka:

YoDDfjb.jpg

1sDuF3x.jpg

0PtHGOf.jpg

These are really cool. This is a size 48 and is a tiny bit small for me, i might look for a size 50 for myself.
Thanks @torfjord.

No problem at all, happy to help. Too bad it didn’t work out for you, but it looks like a great fit for your girlfriend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk