What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

This is a really cozy jacket. Bargain at 70 £ Screenshot_20191114_195853_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

2. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Man Tony, i just feel like a cock on a walk when i have something nobody else has. A one and only of a one off, one off. Like the girl nobody got or a 69Z right out if HS.
    You have all this in The Jimbo. Never another. To say it is spectacular is like saying a 250GTO is cute.
    Every single appointment on that jacket says eat your heart out!!
    Please show more and share often for us of the unworthy.
    Yeah, it’s cool!
    B

El Marro, Tom71, King B and 9 others like this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

LOL! Thanks brother. It is something else. The wind flap alone is like stapling a flank steak to the front of your jacket. It’s about 1/2” thick! Thanks for the kind words!

4. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Not to be more sappy but if one could read brail that jacket would be the Bible on leather.
    B

5. JacketAddict

JacketAddict One of the Regulars

"Truckin' up to Buffalo - whoa whoa baby got to mellow slow - it takes time - you pick a place to go and get back truckin' on..." Langltiz "trucker."

imageedit_1_8318883547.jpg imageedit_5_9562400823.jpg imageedit_3_4622881011.jpg imageedit_7_3587832473.jpg

El Marro, navetsea, Whitters and 11 others like this.
  6. regius

regius One Too Many

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Regius I wouldn't normally do this, but as you're an esteemed fellow Lounger and have so many cool jackets, I thought I'd help you out and save you some time:
    Sarah.jpg

El Marro, Colin G, ton312 and 4 others like this.
  8. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

Aero and Trickers look great together
    IMG_20191114_192027.jpg

9. NZJono

NZJono New in Town

Yes they do. I have a few pairs. Great boots and shoes

King B, Bennarion and olworthers like this.
  10. olworthers

olworthers A-List Customer

+1. Trickers brogues are absolutely superb :)

Peter Mackin, King B and Bennarion like this.
  11. Will Zach

Will Zach One of the Regulars

Freewheelers Speed Master in blue Shinki today...just kidding (unfortunately). I was merely trying it on in Desolation Row store in Tokyo today. You can tell by this shit-eating grin that I am quite happy, lol. I found out a couple of things - that my Freewheelers size is Japanese 42 and that Freewheelers Shinki HH is a substantial hide, and pretty stiff when new. They had some older jackets (for display only) to show how the hide ages. This blue actually got much darker after it was rained on. I did not have the coin to buy, but these are gorgeous jackets. Had a great conversation with the sales guy. The bulge on my right hip is a camera attached to the belt which kinda spoils the fit pic but what can you do. I was a tourist today in Harajuku...:). PS - thanks to the Loungers who advised me to go to Harajuku. Fun place for sure.

Freewheelers.jpg

Desolation row.JPG

12. Jejupe

Jejupe Practically Family

Langlitz Colombia thin black cowhide

[​IMG]

13. Tom71

Tom71 Familiar Face

Epic Line! "The wind flap alone is like stapling a flank steak to the front of your jacket". Would like to ask for permission to borrow that one...

14. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

The jacket or the line? LOL. It’s true though. It’s twice as thick as my belt. No idea why.

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  15. Tom71

Tom71 Familiar Face

IH83.jpg IH82.jpg

This arrived last night. Iron Heart J-35 in japanese horsehide. Just some quick pix done at work, worried somebody might walk in on me any moment.

Powerband has posted great close-ups of the design and construction (and has been a massive aid in my own decision making).
    Snug fit that already loosened up after a few hours of indoor wear (Oh the rolling eyes of the wife…!). As Powerband observed, very comfortable to wear due to the underarm-construction and the action-gussets in the back.

This is a size "Large". Measurements are (roughly) 19" shoulders and 22" P2P. I usually wear 18,5" shoulders and 23" P2P. I could use the extra inch in the body, but the leather will give me that once I start breaking it in for real. I tried to layer with a medium- weight wool jumper and even that is workable, although not yet ideal.

I really must comment on the hide. I am a Horween-guy, so this jacket is not at all heavy but my standards. It is pretty pliable right out of the box. The leather is just lovely, with a soft, luxurious hand and a wonderful smell. I know that Iron Heart, as compared to the makers more promiment here, is an industry manufacturer, but they really use top-notch materials. This was a pretty spontaneous buy after seeing the pictures of Powerband, and I don´t think I will regret that one.

16. Tom71

Tom71 Familiar Face

Powerband, I just posted some rough-n-ready fit-pix. Everything you said about the quality of the leather and the construction is absolutely spot-on, IMO. I will still need some break-in for the fit to be optimal, but the leather is already reacting, after only moments of wear.

I really appreciate your help in getting decided here. This turned out very well, despite my worries about measurements. Thanks again!

Powerband likes this.
  17. Tom71

Tom71 Familiar Face

More than happy with the line for a start...:)

Am I wrong in assuming that ist just 5.20am over there? Good morning!!

Great and unique jacket, by the way! Always an inspiration.

ton312 likes this.
  18. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter A-List Customer

Test ultimate work jacket [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

19. regius

regius One Too Many

In T800 tone: Benny Holiday, thank you for your assistance

Benny Holiday likes this.
  20. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Yeah I wake up around 4AM everyday...I'm usually ready for dinner at 2PM and bed at 5PM...LOL.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    navetsea, AeroFan_07 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.