Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Natural Italian hb (please excuse the bball shorts) around the house tonight!
20200609_184420.jpg
20200609_184413.jpg
20200609_184427.jpg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Didn't really wear today but wanted to take advantage of the sun shining as permacloud returns tomorrow:
View attachment 210509 View attachment 210510 View attachment 210511
The Bates pull is the only ID I can find, but that's definitely not conclusive evidence. I don't know enough to say for sure one way or the other. Regardless, another heavy, but supple and easy wearing 5+ lb hide.

I have some more detail photos but not sure where to post. If it is a Bates there doesn't appear to be a dedicated thread for the brand.

Pretty happy this week.

Haha, thanks! Not really in a position for a lot of the big guns seen here such as LW (could, but wouldn't be the best decision). Fortunately with a smaller frame the used vintage market is where I tend to focus. Build quality isn't the same but with some patience I've managed to find some gems that punch above their weight.

I actually broke one of my rules in that the seller's photos were crap, but I could see the Bates pull so I went ahead and BIN'd it. Main reason being the price was ridiculously low, so minimal risk with huge upside. Probably my best value eBay find ever.

Cleaning up my old posts where I incorrectly identified this jacket as a Bates. Thanks to the keen eyes of members more knowledgeable than I this has been determined to be a Vanson.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Always dig your style but this just might be my favorite yet. I wish I had a tenth of your artistic design ability. I can only imagine that it's even more satisfying for you to see your vision come together and to be able to wear a truly one off.
Thanks man, i truly enjoy wearing it and looking it as room decoration, the hide is 1.5mm and 2mm tooling leather to make wallet, keyfob, belt loop, and the tailor is usually work with soft leather and the whole thing being experimental, so up close especially at the facing near the collar inside where last minute decission was made since the leather was too thick to fold there, but as a whole i see it as part of its identity being a prototype. It has raw edges, stained blue by the brass metal hardware itself on one sleeve i think they left a stud on it overnight on the desk and saw it stained the next morning and tried to clean it so it got worse , marked, empty needle hole since it cant go further, so much character from the start, and being natural pale vegtan it would add a lot more pretty soon, i wore it wet yesterday leaning against my seat, and the dust on my back rest already stained the back and the netting texture of my lumbar pillow marked it while wet :D So happy with it and looking forward to see how it transforms into
IMG_20200611_090238.jpg

BTW I wet moulded the small pockets one with measuring tape, the other with a deck of playing card:)

Last edited:

Fonzie

One Too Many
Thanks man, i truly enjoy wearing it and looking it as room decoration, the hide is 1.5mm and 2mm tooling leather to make wallet, keyfob, belt loop, and the tailor is usually work with soft leather and the whole thing being experimental, so up close especially at the facing near the collar inside where last minute decission was made since the leather was too thick to fold there, but as a whole i see it as part of its identity being a prototype. It has raw edges, stained blue by the brass metal hardware itself on one sleeve i think they left a stud on it overnight on the desk and saw it stained the next morning and tried to clean it so it got worse , marked, empty needle hole since it cant go further, so much character from the start, and being natural pale vegtan it would add a lot more pretty soon, i wore it wet yesterday leaning against my seat, and the dust on my back rest already stained the back and the netting texture of my lumbar pillow marked it while wet :D So happy with it and looking forward to see how it transforms into
View attachment 241106
BTW I wet moulded the small pockets one with measuring tape, the other with a deck of playing card:)

Dude, that looks awesome, you should consider designing clothes as a part time job at least.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Thanks @Fonzie
I love to see my drawing got made, is a fun experience indeed, just dont know who want to trust a freelance comic artist with architecture degree, and zero education in clothing to be designing jacket for them hahaha
Screenshot_20200611-151830_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200611-151745_Gallery.jpg

It got a shade darker perhaps after some uv exposure and light conditioning. Totally dry and stiff like a brand new boot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200611-151745_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200611-151745_Gallery.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 587
  • Screenshot_20200611-151830_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200611-151830_Gallery.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 608
Thanks @Fonzie
I love to see my drawing got made, is a fun experience indeed, just dont know who want to trust a freelance comic artist with architecture degree, and zero education in clothing to be designing jacket for them hahaha
View attachment 241130 View attachment 241131
It got a shade darker perhaps after some uv exposure and light conditioning. Totally dry and stiff like a brand new boot.

Did it shrink? Did you submerge the jacket in the bathtub or just sprayed it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner