Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Doing domestic stay at home breaking in duty.
Screenshot_20200713-165207_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200713-165207_Gallery.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 550
  • Screenshot_20200713-165207_Gallery.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 621

thor

One Too Many
I envy you, I love the sea. Were you on site when Capt Sully glided his bird into the Hudson? I saw the plane from Edgewater, NJ couple of minutes after splashdown. Maybe from about a mile or so - only saw the tail and a bunch of NY Waterway boats.
Yes I was there. The first 3 boats on the scene rescued all the passengers; I brought in police and rescue divers who searched the still floating plane. I also retrieved lots of drifting luggage, clothing, airplane seat cushions, life jackets and the aircraft door!
The pic shows my boat (I’m out on the port side bridge wing, on my cel talking to the company operations office).
656DBBA0-92B2-434D-8AED-B9B7A6A5BC65.jpeg

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
More squally winter weather here in Perth Western Australia. Next rain not too far away in the gloomy photo.
Schott "Highwayman" the jacket of choice today , most likely a "Euro" Schott.
Warm lined with Highwayman sleeves and a size 8 "Schott" branded zipper. Zips on all outside pockets.
There are MULTIPLE inside pockets , a feature of some "Euro Schott" jackets. Quite handy.
Jeans Australian made 505 button fly , "dad" jeans made in 2003. Super comfy.

Schott Highwayman coast 3.jpg

Schott 6875 Highwayman 6.jpg

Last edited:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Problem is, I don’t think she’s entirely wrong. I think it’s the length. Most of my other jackets are a lot shorter than this one. Short jackets imo give off more of a punk/rock vibe. I seldom see other people wearing leather outside this forum. When I do it’s almost always metal heads or punks wearing cross zips or old guys wearing old jackets just like mine.

Edit: forgot to mention the guys wearing cafe racers from Zara
Looks like a great fit to me. Note that real punk rockers are old enough to be grandfathers now.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Southern hemisphere "winter" powers on. 6c start. To reach 17C by 3pm. Sou'/ Sou' west squalls all day.
Certainly the weather for the Schott 740N steerhide Pea jacket.
Shot taken at Trigg surf beach , no surfers today (too rough).
The next squall behind me on the horizon.
View attachment 247737

About the same temperature here today in our summer. You’ll find me in a T-shirt and denim jacket :)

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
About the same temperature here today in our summer. You’ll find me in a T-shirt and denim jacket :)

Yes I hear you mate. I have been out of the Northern hemisphere coming 30 years and could not now cope with the temperature conditions. My wife and I discuss moving within Australia to "avoid" the future winters once we are retired.
Far north Queensland has it's allure (Cyclones and humidity aside....)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points