Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dannyk

One Too Many
I bought the 44”. I really like this jacket! Looks too good not to try!
I’ve been tempted by this company a ton of times. They are certainly in my wheelhouse of punk rock, rockabilly, greaser style. They come up all over my browser and fb ads ha. Have yet to pull the trigger but for the price they certainly have the look nailed. For the look alone I think their products should be worth it. Might grab some of their other items as well someday.

I’ve been tempted by this company a ton of times. They are certainly in my wheelhouse of punk rock, rockabilly, greaser style. They come up all over my browser and fb ads ha. Have yet to pull the trigger but for the price they certainly have the look nailed. For the look alone I think their products should be worth it. Might grab some of their other items as well someday.
Yeah I always kind of laughed off the company based on the name but the jackets look pretty good! Easy returns if not, so not much to lose!

dannyk

One Too Many
Yeah I always kind of laughed off the company based on the name but the jackets look pretty good! Easy returns if not, so not much to lose!
I have 0 proof because I have done exactly 0 research haha. But based on what they sell and the demographic they must target for ads they are named after a song called Straight To Hell by The Clash. Which if you know The Clash’s song and style it makes perfect sense. If you don’t know that then it’s the cheesiest sounding phony tough guy, hipster sounding name hahaha.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Custom FL jacket in black aniline shinki

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

I have 0 proof because I have done exactly 0 research haha. But based on what they sell and the demographic they must target for ads they are named after a song called Straight To Hell by The Clash. Which if you know The Clash’s song and style it makes perfect sense. If you don’t know that then it’s the cheesiest sounding phony tough guy, hipster sounding name hahaha.
I fall into the latter category. Maybe if Hall & Oates released a “straight to Hell for your kiss” I’d get it. LOOOL. Damn 80’s really ruined me in a way. Now I’ll have to google the Clash song. I only know them from rock the kasbah and a few others. If I ever had any aura of cool here, it has clearly vanished and I will slowly back out of the room.

dannyk

One Too Many
I fall into the latter category. Maybe if Hall & Oates released a “straight to Hell for your kiss” I’d get it. LOOOL. Damn 80’s really ruined me in a way. Now I’ll have to google the Clash song. I only know them from rock the kasbah and a few others. If I ever had any aura of cool here, it has clearly vanished and I will slowly back out of the room.
You’ll always be cool to us on TFL. So there’s that. Haha

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Put this away in the closet the other day, then took it out again. I love the history of the style but never felt comfortable with the length. Trying to force myself to wear it. If I can get used to it I may be able to justify buying a better quality of one.
AE1986B8-3EE3-4E43-AAFC-221CB45A0D77.jpeg
As an old boy scout I am used to carry pockets full of EDC. Knife, keys, pen, notebook, handkerchief. Do you just not carry that kind of stuff with a jacket like this? Do you streamline it?
Johnny

Alexlutov

A-List Customer
Put this away in the closet the other day, then took it out again. I love the history of the style but never felt comfortable with the length. Trying to force myself to wear it. If I can get used to it I may be able to justify buying a better quality of one.
View attachment 320489 As an old boy scout I am used to carry pockets full of EDC. Knife, keys, pen, notebook, handkerchief. Do you just not carry that kind of stuff with a jacket like this? Do you streamline it?
Johnny
The a-2 looks great, I agree with you..a-2 takes some getting used to, but it's only a matter of time..

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yes, not high art, yet definitely an aristocrat of the B-realm. And you can tell Tarantino, ahem, "borrowed" more than a few of the film's aspects for 'Pulp Fiction.'

Oh boy, you are absoultely right!! Was only 15 when "Straight to Hell" (the movie) was released, so I never made that connection to Tarantino. Now it seems so strikingly obvious!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
It was from here! https://straighttohellapparel.com/product/idol/

They only describe it as "Premium full grain buffalo napa leather is 1 – 2 mm thick". The thickness does appear to be there, and overall stitching has been solid, if not the spotlessly neat and tidy stitching that some of the pricier jackets I have exhibit.

Thanks. Just looked at their "Idol" jacket. Another one of those "Lewis leathers" knockoffs, so they are staying true to their "Brit Punkrock" theme.

Had a good chuckle at their "1-2mm" info. Thankfully they included that Leather and fit were suitable for "style and function" otherwise it would have been a little generic, right...?!:)

Oh, yes, this Cal! Beautiful patina along the sleeves. Heavy as a tank. I seem to remember you're not a fan of Sam Browne belts, but try to wear if you get the chance, they highlight patrol jackets IMO. I found this picture of your jacket from idk a while ago. PS: Nice boots btw! View attachment 320513

That's my jacket! Where is that photo from? I plan on covering it with Obenauf's one of these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ