Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Opinions please - another (too) short cross zip but after receipt of the Harro I think this Vintage Lesco has to go. I wished it would fit me like @Will Zach 's cross zip (of course his is on another grail level than mine!!). I'm trying it this afternoon as I've just received it on Saturday. Sleeves, body (chest, hem, shoulders) are perfect IMO and comfy but again the body length :( It hurts a bit as the condition is really nice (apart from a small hole on the backside).

I've already posted in Classifieds:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-vintage-lesco-perfecto.103982/

View attachment 326270

View attachment 326271
on the short side, but not too short. Since no jacket belt, you can pull off. If it had the belt, I would say is questionable.

My C2 hits me there and I like it. My vintage 618 also hits about there and it has a belt, although not as beefy as the newer Schott models. After long consideration, I ended up cutting the belt out because I couldn't deal with the double stacking. I did it very carefully though so it can be sewn back in if I wanted. Anyway, completely transformed the jacket and is now one of my go to since it's got that cool vintage look and is on the thinner side now that the weather is changing. Maybe I'll post pic later.

Monday ride. Playing hookie from work.

LW

E6729414-4D0F-451F-A435-7DA6656C46E3.jpeg
C6980F24-8960-4D69-AEE6-39B089ACAB73.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Opinions please - another (too) short cross zip but after receipt of the Harro I think this Vintage Lesco has to go. I wished it would fit me like @Will Zach 's cross zip (of course his is on another grail level than mine!!). I'm trying it this afternoon as I've just received it on Saturday. Sleeves, body (chest, hem, shoulders) are perfect IMO and comfy but again the body length :( It hurts a bit as the condition is really nice (apart from a small hole on the backside).

View attachment 326270

View attachment 326271

Not too short.

Mandarin

Practically Family

View attachment 326270

View attachment 326271

Looks good to me. Most vintage cross zips will fit that way if the size is right.

jadub

A-List Customer
I think it’s in that area where every time you put it on you’ll look at any reflection you happen upon and wonder if this is the reflection that will settle the question, “is this too short”. The question in my opinion isn’t “is it too short”. It’s “do I like this enough to wonder every time I put it on”. Best of luck. I sold a jacket I really liked because I couldn’t stand the question... and everyone told me it was too short.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I don't think it's too short. Not at all. If I had a jacket custom made, this would be the length I would be aiming for. Spot on.
Thanks, Marc! Yes, I know that it's a perfect length for you.
It's on the short side but not too short.
I think it works well to wear it open.
Thanks, it feels comfy both ways - closed and opened

Not too short.
Thanks, Tom!

Looks good to me. Most vintage cross zips will fit that way if the size is right.
Thanks! I basically knew but on the other hand I thought it's probably not old enough for being so short.

@Robbie79 here is my vintage 618. Probably my shortest jacket and at my max of how short I would go. It's definitely not an every day one jacket fit all scenarios, but certainly cool for different situations.

With the belt though, I was having doubts. So I think is much better now.

View attachment 326320 View attachment 326321 View attachment 326322
Thanks for sharing your opinion and your fit pics - appreciated! It looks really good on you!
After wearing it today I decided to either sell it to someone who's interested or otherwise I would keep it and wear it sometimes depending on occasion.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff