Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
FL black aniline

IMG_2723.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Post obenauf's leather oil
I can see it darkens a step, but not by much at all, i'm not sure what to do. Should i apply another treatment or just sit back... probably i just wait.
View attachment 327179 View attachment 327180
Navetsea, you might be at the end of the road short of some kind of a dye. There was a dude who used Fiebings on a natural Cossack at TFL some time ago. Some thought it looked awesome, some thought overdone. Your jacket looks awesome, btw. Needs more wear maybe.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Navetsea, you might be at the end of the road short of some kind of a dye. There was a dude who used Fiebings on a natural Cossack at TFL some time ago. Some thought it looked awesome, some thought overdone. Your jacket looks awesome, btw. Needs more wear maybe.
thanks man, I don't want to go overboard with this oily thing, there's no easy go back once a natural leather get oil soaked, I know that enough from my over oiled wristband, I ordered a natural hide in hope I would wear it for morning walk through 2020, but some virus decided to veto my plan:D

with your LP I see you get some white deposit around the edges, with this Leather Oil, oversaturating means dark brown greenish matte leather, I've seen some wallets at SUFU fell victims to that. :eek:
I would test a spot with a second coat. Go thin with the oil, but with LP, 2 or even 3 coats really gets it looking good. You’ve already committed to this road, so try another round.
@Will Zach can we see what the Kakishibu did to the natural belt?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
That’s an awesome jacket to have to make due with while you wait!

Thanks! It sure is and that Oakbrook looks like the cross zip equivalent, very similar grain characteristics. I really hope it turns up cause it would suck to have it disappear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko