Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

marker2037

Practically Family
oh man, I wish you didn't post this. I've been eyeing these. Leather quality, what would you put it up against? The pics I've seen of this aging is very FCL/Y2 esqe at a very good price.
Leather is great if you ask me. Super soft, buttery cowhide. I don't really have anything that's comparable. It's too early for any wear for me, but I imagine it will look great with some teacore showing through.

Also, the collar is fantastic. Gives a really nice spread when you wear it and open it to the 2nd to top button.

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
Visited my tannery the other day and some local farmer was just dropping off a fresh pelt, still dripping wet full of hair. It was a highland steer/cow. Small animal but very cute :(, here he is (male animal it was). I’ll visit them again soon and eager to see what it’ll become… it’s not enough to make a jacket but still. (Sorry no photo from the tannery of the wet skin). View attachment 405462
I have highland cattle in the fields next to my home and I can assure you small they are not :)

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
What Jacket Did You Wear To The Beach Today?

I am trying to sell this, but not takers. So, I'm just going to enjoy wearing it. The horsehide is really pretty in direct sunlight, and the fine details like stitching and hardware are very well done. It is also a comfortable pattern on me, if not just a bit short. I like it.

IMG_8952.jpeg
IMG_8846.JPG
IMG_8837.JPG
IMG_8942.JPG
IMG_8860.JPG

I am trying to sell this, but not takers. So, I'm just going to enjoy wearing it. The horsehide is really pretty in direct sunlight, and the fine details like stitching and hardware are very well done. It is also a comfortable pattern on me, if not just a bit short. I like it.

View attachment 406034 View attachment 406035 View attachment 406036 View attachment 406037 View attachment 406038
Doesn't look even remotely short. Great jacket!

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
4oz veg-tanned goat, “tiger marble”, NOS side buckle, Talon ring pull chest zipper and Talon bar pull front zipper. Harris tweed lining.

Attachments

• 1BBA11F2-C307-47DF-A337-F4DF5CEBF1D0.jpeg
    1BBA11F2-C307-47DF-A337-F4DF5CEBF1D0.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 110
  • 8FDF5BE4-1C62-43C1-93F8-E4424521922E.jpeg
    8FDF5BE4-1C62-43C1-93F8-E4424521922E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 112
  • 85AEAA5E-3225-4135-80A7-AE75FD6B519C.jpeg
    85AEAA5E-3225-4135-80A7-AE75FD6B519C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 107

nickv

One of the Regulars

View attachment 406034 View attachment 406035 View attachment 406036 View attachment 406037 View attachment 406038

Doesn't look even remotely short. Great jacket!
I totally agree with Tony. I have seen much shorter:p

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
Gibson and barnes expedition just arrived,, no customs charges yippee, fantastic summer jacket and in perfect condition, fit couldn't be any better, another great buy from Regius here on the forum, top man to purchase from. Thanks Reg.

Edward

Bartender

I like this a lot. Echoes of some of the German bike jackets I've seen from the 30s, a touch of a nod towards much later British jackets (Lewis Monza & SuperMonza), but very much with a 30s vibe. A real "might have been". Have only ever handled the one Johnson, my D-pocket, which I bought from a Lounger who bought it from another Lounger who had it made, I believe, but if that one is typical, they do very nice stuff indeed. Definitely one I'll have a look into if I ever make it that far West.

This is my go to look this A/W season. It's the only jacket I'm wearing since the cold started. It's a SJC sample in goatskin which I have been abusing non stop.

zTK3SHX.jpg

rh3Kh3m.jpg

Simon's done really well with that latest range. I see they've been selling well too - quite a few sizes, especially in this model, now out of stock. I've got my eye on the Grizzly, but I'm holding off buying anything til I hit target weight, which will hopefully be May. The challenge then will be to maintain, but after years of being an elephant, I'm glad to have finally fond something that works at least in the weightloss department!

5* HH pull up brown. Temps heading up so jacket weather might be starting to fade away.
@Kenneth Blake per your request to.see this jacket. Cheers!
No doubt about it this is far and away the best hide Shawn has produced to date. I love all the stretch marks. It’s just gorgeous. Every time you post this I get super geeked about my Halfbelt. I literally can’t wait to see this hide in the flesh. Your jacket is nothing short of superb.

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
No doubt about it this is far and away the best hide Shawn has produced to date. I love all the stretch marks. It’s just gorgeous. Every time you post this I get super geeked about my Halfbelt. I literally can’t wait to see this hide in the flesh. Your jacket is nothing short of superb.
Thank you. I am pleased with this one! One day, I hope it ages into something like the HH halfbelt you just posted up thread. I love that look so much! Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ