Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Yesterday.

jAv3GP0.jpg
Green, black,brown and brass...Perfect!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Unlabeled time-capsule mystery jacket came in yesterday from eBay. Zips and snaps (and maybe the collar as well) point to 1940s, but the jacket feels like it was made yesterday. Very little, if any, wear over the last 80 years. Lining is pristine, neck area untouched.... I am flabbergasted, because this thing feels like a Natal or Branded (heavy, heavy steerhide), but all the hardware and the snap cuffs point 1940s. I will start a separate thread on it because I'd love some help dating/placing it from you guys.

DSC_2177.JPG

DSC_2173.JPG

DSC_2169.JPG

Last edited:
Unlabeled time-capsule mystery jacket came in yesterday from eBay. Zips and snaps (and maybe the collar as well) point to 1940s, but the jacket feels like it was made yesterday. Very little, if any, wear over the last 80 years. Lining is pristine, neck area untouched.... I am flabbergasted, because this thing feels like a Natal or Branded (heavy, heavy steerhide), but all the hardware and the snap cuffs point 1940s. I will start a separate thread on it because I'd love some help dating/placing it from you guys.

View attachment 413045

View attachment 413046

Superb. I wish it was a L. I would have bought it the second day saw it on eBay.

^^
The damn thing has 21.5" P2P and 17" hem... I need to work on my stomach area, lol.

Nice. I’ve bought a few vtg police jackets that had the 17” or so hem with a 23”+ P2P. It’s hard to picture someone maintaining that build for extended periods of time. Lol. I’d need surgery to fit into something like that. I try to remember to ask for the bottom hem but sometimes I forget.

View attachment 413045

View attachment 413052

View attachment 413046
Nothing short of....
1648217920988.png

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I've been taking jackets picture/videos all day. This Bill Kelso Duke was hanging there. Took it down and wore it around.

This Duke is made in the infamous Victory Horsehide of a few years back. I bought this jacket here. I wore it to work, just wore it until I retired.

It is Beautiful leather and still smells wonderful. I have never had a leather like this. The Duke in any leather is a nice jacket.

DSC08061.JPG
DSC08062.JPG
DSC08063.JPG
DSC08064.JPG
DSC08065.JPG
DSC08066.JPG
DSC08067.JPG
DSC08068.JPG
DSC08069.JPG
DSC08071.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads