Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
We're having some weather issues here in Iowa. Snow flakes today, a little sticking on the grass, it's time for spring to come! Been a little bit since I posted due to travels and busy with work. Nice to be back online and here's an update on the "Just Leather" CHP jacket:

DSC_0478.JPG

DSC_0479.JPG

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Terry - thanks for your kind comments. Yes, the beard, which has been a late winter item this year, is indeed showing my age a bit. It isn't long for the spring, I'm not a fan of itching in the spring & summer. I trim it ~ 1 / week and that really helps.
The only need to be long enough, then nothing itches lol
And at the beginning helps beard oil.

Viking752

Practically Family
I received the Legendary USA cafe racer and she fits but more close fitting than I am used to. The sleeves are tight on my forearms but the naked cowhide seems to be stretching and is more comfortable. This jacket was built by Schott and the leather, stitching and hardware are all top notch. 2006 model year.
D2A5CAE7-28DF-41B5-B9A4-71AF218C35D4.jpeg
6BFC29D4-1003-47B9-B70A-9AE340C8C800.jpeg
7BB61137-696D-4986-8B57-E3CBAE122D6D.jpeg

Last edited:

Motocann

One Too Many
@Merv Did you size up? i'm usually 42 but i had to size up to 44.

goJ0McZ.jpg
I guess you can say I sized up. I'm somewhere between a 38-39 chest. Most Japanese brands, because they're "true to size" I take a 40 or a medium. American brands, sometimes I have to go with small. With this, honestly I didn't even try the 38. Sometimes ya just know...

7amza

Familiar Face
Put my FCL custom leon through the ringer last night and stood in a stormy downpour for a good 10 mins until I was soaked.

Sleeves shrunk a bit from the creasing but I'm happy with the overall result.

This is what it is looking like this morning:

20220401_104518.jpg
20220401_104418.jpg
20220401_104432.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^Very nice Thedi there Marc!

Much nicer day today, so pulled the Indian Ranger back out for some better light shots

DSC_0482.JPG
DSC_0484.JPG

If something looks a little different with the IR today, you have very sharp eyes. I have worn it extensively through the winter, and it's been wet several times. I noticed yesterday that it was rather dry - felt like sandpaper if you ran your hand across it. One treatment of Lexol, and then a hand-applied treatment of Pecards and it is much nicer/more flexible than it was. Never had to do with CXL FQHH, but this one needed it.

lopo

One of the Regulars
That’s really cool. Would love details.
The jacket is made of CXFQHH. Mouton collar, shearling lining, quilted lining in the lower third as usual. The sleeves have a satin lining with extra insulation between the lining and the leather. This keeps your arms warm too. Collar and shearling lining are not detachable.
The jacket is easy to wear and not too heavy.
I aged the collar. The original color was raspberry.
2 inside zip pockets, outside 2 double entry pockets.

14:50thDetail:komp.jpg

1:50thdetail:komp.jpg
5:50thDetail:komp.jpg

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
The jacket is made of CXFQHH. Mouton collar, shearling lining, quilted lining in the lower third as usual. The sleeves have a satin lining with extra insulation between the lining and the leather. This keeps your arms warm too. Collar and shearling lining are not detachable.
The jacket is easy to wear and not too heavy.
I aged the collar. The original color was raspberry.
2 inside zip pockets, outside 2 double entry pockets.

View attachment 415133
View attachment 415131 View attachment 415132
Love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko