Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

zebedee

One Too Many
Y
Hang in there man. I have a coworker in Shanghai, she said it's been tough with basic food staples during the lockdown. Hopefully they bring it under control soon.
yeah, it's not great, but I thought it would happen, so I stockpiled non-perishable food and deep-froze a lot (A LOT) of meat. I have also online-taught my whole building how to blanch and freeze vegetables (not many people here ever cook) and I can also work from home, but...

...I should have bought more wine. Damn, damn!

Cheers, man.

J.

DHL with the late drop! This one is cool! Thicker and softer than the Schott, which is interesting considering they both came from Full Count. It’s hard to see but it has some electric blue in it. Pretty sweet. Collar is notched like a sports jacket, though this pic makes it look like a shawl. I love beach cloth.
C3C67A71-31B4-4DE9-B602-D5B8559EAC4E.jpeg

TLW '90

Practically Family
It's been a few weeks since I've really needed to wear a jacket aside from at work, so I've just been wearing my grey wool vest from CCS.
It has been a great functional everyday piece for me.

I think I might get another one and replace the buttons with brass, if I don't just do that to this one.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
DHL with the late drop! This one is cool! Thicker and softer than the Schott, which is interesting considering they both came from Full Count. It’s hard to see but it has some electric blue in it. Pretty sweet. Collar is notched like a sports jacket, though this pic makes it look like a shawl. I love beach cloth.
View attachment 416327
nice texture, it is almost shawl collar with a slight chicane

dublinprem

A-List Customer
Wow! I love this jacket! Its great with the buttons instead of zipper. Totally changes the dynamic of the look, to me. Do you have any pics of it buttoned and the back of the jacket? Really nice. Cheers!
Thank you, I will post some pics of the back and it buttoned in a couple of days. I however prefer it unbuttoned.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Lockdown extended for ten more days. I have easily enough basic food, clean water and seasonings, but I had not accurately laid in the amount of Italian red wine, bracing scotch or cold beer I would need in this eventuality.

Nothing for it but to sit around drinking strong coffee and listening to Scott Walker in a Cafe Racer. I've smashed the hell out of this one:

View attachment 416086

Hang in there! This is some fierce lockdown for sure!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Ooe Yofukuten Cossack

View attachment 416204

View attachment 416205

Vintage Lee 101J 22 1/8” back. Thanks @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

View attachment 416206

View attachment 416207

View attachment 416226

View attachment 416208

Just for fun today, here is the comparison of the Aero 101J in jerky. Ken nailed the cut on this. So close to the original with the just right amount of tweaks to the dimensions to make it work best for leather. 22 3/4” back

View attachment 416221

View attachment 416222

View attachment 416223

And since Macie didn’t make any of the other photos that Luna snuck into…

View attachment 416228

Great photos, jackets and Pups! Have to say they do steal the show! :)

Coriu

One Too Many
Yes, young people, this is how many people dressed back in the 1970's. What leather jacket would you wear with this outfit?:cool:
View attachment 416395
In so many ways, each successive generation has become more edgy, ie vulgarity in music, and arguably more hip. I firmly believe that is not the case with clothing. In many cases, today's mainstream clothing is absolutely boring compared to the 1970's and 1980's.

I would think nothing of wearing these below to the gym or to the grocery....so would many other "masculine" guys. It was commonplace. I still have a solid, hot pink sweatshirt I wore. Some of those old guys you make fun of today may have been much more bold or experimental than you. What's interesting, though, is that a guy who wore these pants might have had reservations about wearing a double rider in public.
1649266356612.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko